Question locking the recent apps list order

echoexplorer

Mar 21, 2024
Visit site
SAMSUNG GALAXY S10
SM-G973U1
ANDROID VERSION 12
Hello. In the recent apps list if i open one of them then it goes to the front of the list and this is like 52 card pickup for me.......not fun and confuses me a lot.......... how can i set them to stay in place. ugh its gods will

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which phone do you have? On some phones, you can pin or lock the app in place in the Recent Apps screen. But realistically, the Recent Apps/App Overview screen isn't intended for the user to organize their apps. As the name suggests, it's showing your recently used apps, so it will tend to be ordered depending on use.

echoexplorer

Mar 21, 2024
Visit site
Which phone do you have? On some phones, you can pin or lock the app in place in the Recent Apps screen. But realistically, the Recent Apps/App Overview screen isn't intended for the user to organize their apps. As the name suggests, it's showing your recently used apps, so it will tend to be ordered depending on use.
SAMSUNG GALAXY S10

SM-G973U1

ANDROID VERSION 12

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Locking the app in place should work on that phone. Bring up the Recent apps, tap the app icon at the top of the screen that you want to lock, then tap "Lock this app."

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
SAMSUNG GALAXY S10
SM-G973U1
ANDROID VERSION 12
Hello. In the recent apps list if i open one of them then it goes to the front of the list and this is like 52 card pickup for me.......not fun and confuses me a lot.......... how can i set them to stay in place. ugh its gods will
This is normal behavior if you choose one and open it, it will go to first in recent apps as it mentions the recent app list.

You can download Samsung good lock and use Home up module under tasker and choose center most recently used app
f952f1abc5196fc5d1de413ea0af2ef3.jpg