Google Store Issue

SkyReacher

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
i have done a hard reset recently and right after that i tried to connect to the Google Play Store . but i face a problem when i try to connect, it says "Can't establish a reliable connection to the server. This could be a temporary problem or your Android device may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call Customer Care." - im using my WIFI network ,i can surf without any problems on my device .
Now i have tried few solutions that i read on google:
1)Full Wipe/Factory Reset again - DIDN'T WORK
2)trying to delete /data/data/com.android.providers.settings - DIDN'T WORK
3)trying to connect to my Youtube Acc. - DIDN'T WORK

i'm out of ideas and don't know what to do ... so hopefully you will help me :(
i must say that before the reset it worked perfectly .

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Man i wish i could help.
If i come up with something ill be back.
Youre not invisible mate dont worry, a lot of people are probably scratching thier heads.
Have you tried "uninstall all updates" or whatever (to the right of "force stop"?

When you mentioned youtube.. did u mean youtube didnt work?
Is your google account where it should be and gmail is working?

quadcore 1gb GS3, Neat Rom by Salesale. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

SkyReacher

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
youtube app is working and everything . but when i try to log with my google account through youtube app, i get the same error . and no , i haven't tried to delete the updates . i will try it now .

Edit: Nope it didn't help ...

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Theres a gapps problem if u cant log into youtube mate.
What about gmail?

quadcore 1gb GS3, Neat Rom by Salesale. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
In settings, accounts, when u tap "google" does it look like this (with your addy obv lol)?

SkyReacher

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Yep im running full stock i just rooted the device . and yes when i tap "google" and enter my email and password i get same error , i can't log into anything that connected with google . i can only connect my acc through the internet application but it doesn't save/add the account .
screenshot2013012614075.png

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Im stumped mate.
As its a generic problem, id make a thread in the full s3 forum titled "problem with GApps.. HELP please" n explain that u cant log into any google app and include the screenshot.
Good luck bro :thumbup:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Yep im running full stock i just rooted the device . and yes when i tap "google" and enter my email and password i get same error , i can't log into anything that connected with google . i can only connect my acc through the internet application but it doesn't save/add the account .
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7041/screenshot2013012614075.png
Try to open another google account and log in with the new one. This will determine if its your account or something else

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Ah my pic got deleted lol :)
My gmail add is no secret and pretty obv but thankyou for protecting my privacy you lovely mod x
.....or did i forget to add the screenshot lol?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah but it sounds like a problem with googles suite of apps (Gapps) mate.
These can be re-flashed

SkyReacher

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah but it sounds like a problem with googles suite of apps (Gapps) mate.
These can be re-flashed

can you explain me how to do it ? can it damage my phone ? because i don't want to ruin it . i only have it 4-5 days .

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Wait and see whats said in main forum mate. It hasnt had many hits but remember the time difference. I just duno if its as simple as flashing without root with odin or more complex so im not confident enough to say.
Are u rooted with custom recovery or anythin?

VivekNayyar

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Here's what you need to do.

Assuming that you have already rooted your device, use any file explorer app and go to 'etc' folder of your device. (I used Root Explorer and did this on my Samsung Galaxy Tab N8000).

In 'etc' folder, locate the file called hosts.

Touch/press and hold the icon of the file to get its context menu and open the file in text editor.

In the file, there will be one IP address to the localhost, i.e. 127.0.0.1. Leave this as it is.

There will be a second IP address which may vary depending upon your region or country. Put a # in front of it. (eg. #245.45.14.14). This will mark this entry as a comment and the device won't read it.

(I would suggest that you backup 'hosts' file before making any changes. In my case, a 'hosts.bak' file was automatically created when I saved the file after editing.)

Save the file and reboot your device.

This should resolve the issue. :)

Last edited:

INRG

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Embarrassed to say but I had a problem connecting to the play store. After an hour of work it turned out that all I had to do was fix the date and time. Not sure how it was changed or why it matters. I found out that the date and time was the problem because all of the website certs were not trusted.

VivekNayyar

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Google checks certs of your browser/device before authenticating them and allowing you to log on to its servers. If your device is not set to current date and Google checks its certs for authentication, it finds a mismatch between the issuing/expiration dates of the certs and current date of the device. Because of this mismatch Google believes that the device is not valid and the it declines the request. In other words, the authentication fails.

You can confirm this by changing the year of your computer back to somewhere around 80s or so. You will not be able to log on to your GMail or any other Google account after that. To log on to your GMail or any Google account, you need to set your computer to the current date (time doesn't matter).

The solution I gave above is applicable on those devices that have correct date. However, I would really like to thank you for drawing my attention to this aspect as well. I never knew mobile devices may also face the same date and time issues. :)

Thanks again and I am glad that your device is back up and running.