Connecting Galaxy S3 to Laptop WiFi

StormingKiwi

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys.

Here's my internet situation - I have a wired ethernet cable going directly into my laptop.

What I want to do is set it up so that both my laptop and my Galaxy S3 can use the internet at the same time. What I would like to do is create a wifi network hosted by my laptop, which my galaxy s3 can connect to

I don't particularly want to gain root access on my phone.

I've tried software like connectify me and mHotspot, but had no joy for these.

Does anybody have any advice on hardware/software I can try?

OS is Windows 7

anonymous495876038576

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys.

Here's my internet situation - I have a wired ethernet cable going directly into my laptop.

What I want to do is set it up so that both my laptop and my Galaxy S3 can use the internet at the same time. What I would like to do is create a wifi network hosted by my laptop, which my galaxy s3 can connect to

I don't particularly want to gain root access on my phone.

I've tried software like connectify me and mHotspot, but had no joy for these.

Does anybody have any advice on hardware/software I can try?

OS is Windows 7

Why not go to Walmart or best buy and buy a relatively inexpensive router?

goingminimalist73.blogspot.com

StormingKiwi

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Why not go to Walmart or best buy and buy a relatively inexpensive router?

goingminimalist73.blogspot.com
I have tried using an old router, but couldn't get the router to work properly. (the laptop itself couldn't get internet access) I'm not sure if that was because the router was kaputt or if there was some issue with the provider of the local area connection. I'm currently at University, using the LAC through the Halls of Residence. Buying a router would be a last resort purely because of the investment, when I could have got something for free

#mindsetofapoorstudent.

Wireless router it is!

Last edited: