Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GSDer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Default Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.3 Update?

Hello, I don't know if I'm late for this or what but is there an official Android 4.3 update for the I9300? Because mine is stuck with Android 4.1.2 and I keep reading online that there's a newer version but it keeps saying that I have the latest update. Any response is appreciated.

Global Posts
    30,971 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.3 Update?

I think that was the one that Samsung wanted it done through a program called Kies. It is a Samsung product (I believe it is theirs or at least fully endorsed by Samsung) and can be found on their website.

Download the program to your PC. And connect your phone to the PC. Once it reads and communicates with your device, back everything up first.

After that is done, then have the program update the device.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Well it says that I have the latest firmware, that's why I wanted to know if there's an official 4.3 update or if the 4.1.2 is the latest update and everyone is just rooting their phones to 4.3, thank you for your time and response.

You can find the official firmware here - mouse-over the region codes to find your country/carrier. If there's a 4.3 firmware then download it. You'll need to use a tool called Odin (just Google it - look for v3.07; find a source on XDA) to load the firmware. Instructions on how to use Odin can be found here

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

What happens if my region is not there? The only for my region is 4.1.2 which I already have. Can I use another region?

Global Posts
    30,971 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel552 View Post
    What happens if my region is not there? The only for my region is 4.1.2 which I already have. Can I use another region?
    I am honestly not sure what that will do. I have never intentionally flashed a different region firmware to a device.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

I read that CGU is my country and region in one page, but in another site they say my firmware is I9300UBUGML1_I9300UWEUGNA1_PGU, but I don't know how to find like an official list or why would they not release the update for my region. I'm from Guatemala (Central America). Or should I just get CyanogenMod with kitkat 4.4? I didn't want to lose all the motion sensor extras from Samsung. Are they worth keeping or better to just get CyanogenMod?