How to fix home screen auto orientation switch lag

rizaldi

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I posted this at the xda forum and I thought that I'll re-post it here for those that don't go to xda:

I don't know if anybody know about this fix or not, but I've just found a way to fix the lag when the home screen auto-orient from landscape to portrait and vice versa: click on the + button that you use to add widgets and apps to the home screen, select any tab other than the add widget tab, go back to your home screen and that's it no more lag! I believe the left and right screen transitions are smoother as well.
I do not know if this problem/fix is specific to our tab or honeycomb as a whole, but I'm glad I found a workaround since it was really bothering me. I hope this can be useful to somebody.

Sambo41

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Hello, I posted this at the xda forum and I thought that I'll re-post it here for those that don't go to xda:

I don't know if anybody know about this fix or not, but I've just found a way to fix the lag when the home screen auto-orient from landscape to portrait and vice versa: click on the + button that you use to add widgets and apps to the home screen, select any tab other than the add widget tab, go back to your home screen and that's it no more lag! I believe the left and right screen transitions are smoother as well.
I do not know if this problem/fix is specific to our tab or honeycomb as a whole, but I'm glad I found a workaround since it was really bothering me. I hope this can be useful to somebody.
I had noticed the lag before the screen auto-rotated but thought that's the way it was supposed to work.

Thanks to your tip rotation is now much faster.

Thanks!

JoeSki73

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Sweet tip.

That worked great.

Also, it's not required that you hit the + button. You can also long press the screen to pull up the menu. The key is the second step, which is selecting something other than 'Widgets' before exiting back to the home screen.

I'm guessing this will have to be done anytime I reboot because I assume it defaults to 'Widgets' on a fresh startup.

Thanks!

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site

The problem appears to be that whatever tab is open in that manage window is also rotated when you're on the homescreen. So if you select a dufferent tab from widget, the rotation is faster. If you then go back into that window and reselect the widget tab, the slow rotation occurs again. I have no idea why they coded it this way, but they did so it rotates the tab even when it is hidden.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non