My tab is acting pretty funky

anon(47319)

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I purchased this tablet yesterday using the $100 off coupon from Staples. This thing was running just fine. I put it to charge overnight, and I went to sleep at around 12:00 AM. I woke up at 9:30 to find the tablet with the battery screen saying it had 100% battery. When I unplugged the tablet, that was the last sign of life that I have seen from it. I have been lurking through the forums looking for a response. Unfortunately all I have been able to find are people with similar issues returning them. I am sure there has to be some kind of solution to this problem. I have been trying the power button+volume down trick, but I have had zero luck. This thing isn't even a day old yet. Any help at all would be appreciated. Cheers! :'(

anon(47319)

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
So 'funky' by your definition is dead? I'd return it.

I used the word funky, because I have been reading cases of people reviving this thing from the dead. It gives me some sense of hope. I am going to mess around with it for one more day. Perhaps if I could find some way of depleting the battery...

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps try holding down the power button for 20 seconds or so.
Try it with the unit charging, as well as unplugged.
I had this happen to me once. Fortunately I was able to get it back up and running.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

anon(47319)

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps try holding down the power button for 20 seconds or so.
Try it with the unit charging, as well as unplugged.
I had this happen to me once. Fortunately I was able to get it back up and running.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

I have been doing that since 10 AM. I am going to try and wait out the battery. I have read on several forums, that the battery had died, and everything was fine. I have also read about some weird trick involving leaving a finger on the screen. What is that one all about?

nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Those are options but that behavior is not normal. Nothing like that has happened to mine...if it did especially the day after buying it...I'd exchange it. Why take the change this is a recurring problem with the unit?

anon(47319)

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I have given up on this thing. 400 hours of standby time, and the last thing I saw on my 10.1's screen was a full battery. This is the only time where I wish this thing had the battery life of my OG Droid. How ironic. I suppose this is what I get for praising the battery on this thing. Hopefully karma will be in my favour sometime soon after this setback. I am going to return it either today or tomorrow. I will try to not let this one bad experience greatly effect my initial reaction to the device. I was in love with it from when I first turn it on. At least I should get a shiny new one to play with. ;) How often does this issue come up of tabs having to be replaced?

kisrita

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I have given up on this thing. 400 hours of standby time, and the last thing I saw on my 10.1's screen was a full battery. This is the only time where I wish this thing had the battery life of my OG Droid. How ironic. I suppose this is what I get for praising the battery on this thing. Hopefully karma will be in my favour sometime soon after this setback. I am going to return it either today or tomorrow. I will try to not let this one bad experience greatly effect my initial reaction to the device. I was in love with it from when I first turn it on. At least I should get a shiny new one to play with. ;) How often does this issue come up of tabs having to be replaced?
I had to return my tab within an hour of buying it for this same issue. I have had the second one for a month or more and nothing like it has happened since. I would return ylours, and get another one.

campanth

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue with mine. Bought it on July 21st with the Staples coupon, 9 days later it died. Now I am having a hell of a time trying to get a replacement from Staples. They are playing their out of stock games and told me if they can't find a replacement before their stingy 14 day return period ends that I can either return it for a refund or deal with the manufacturer.

Finally, I asked them for their district managers name and number and all of a sudden they are actively trying to find me a replacement. This is my first and last major purchase from Staples. If you don't want to honor a coupon, don't advertise it!

anon(47319)

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
A quick update on my situation. I returned my tab on the 29th. When I arrived at staples, I serious ed up. I the enough, "big words," that are commonplace around here at the customer service employee. He said and I quote, "Alright, then smartypants. It looks like you are some kind of tech nerd (spot on) and if you can't figure out what's wrong, then I will take your word for it. He was a total bro, and took the thing back. I woke up to a call this morning telling me that my order was in. I went over to staples and there I was met by the customer service rep and his supervisor. Apparently the supervisor was in the back room when I requested my replacement. He tried to offer me a job, because I seemed to know my stuff. The thing is that I have zero work experience, and I will be leaving for my freshman year of college in a couple weeks. He said he would keep the spot open for me. I don't believe it for a second. I am typing on ym new tab, and it is good to be back. To all those that need to return your tabs, given hell! Good luck on the next one. It si a great device. Why let everyone else have all the fun? Thanks for all of the support! ;)

ptf

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Just thought I would put it out there that I got one that had a power button that stoppednworking about 2 days after I got it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress