Buyer Beware: Three SGT 10.1s Later

ptf

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I bought this Tablet from Fry's on launch day. Pulled it out of the box and there were scratches all over the screen plus damage on the plastic edges of the tablet. The tablet was eventually returned after about 13 days after both Samsung and my local Fry's refused to be helpful (thanks to Fry's management for doing the right thing). My new one had a power button that stopped working within 24 hours of receiving it. Once again, the tablet was returned. My third tablet came out of the box with a corner that snapped in and out of the edge of the Tab, but eventually it stopped snapping after about a month, but then the top right side started snapping whenever I touched that side of my Tab. Now my Tab is sent into repair at Samsung. Samsung's quality control on this Tab is astoundingly bad. I have never had "Buyer's Remorse" this bad.

SassyPenguin

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
My Tab (first one ) is just fine... I've actually never heard any complaints about quality control on these things. Unlike most 'made in China' electronics junk these days days, the SGT are actually made in Samsung's homeland, Korea.

rw0749

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Could it be that maybe Fry is getting "refurbished" units.. most of the BB stores do not "reinventory" the returned tabs they send them back to Samsung.. you could only guess what Samsung does with them.. send them back to BB as "new" or send them to Fry as "new"... I'm just guessing on this but I do know that most BB stores have that agreement with Samsung..

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I bought mine from Amazon a few days after launch, I've had zero issues with it and build quality is top notch. As others have said, you most likely received units that people returned after dropping them or juct checking them out.

ptf

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Just an update: My third one, which is in for service, needs parts which are either Backordered or Not Avaliable....

kitster

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have bought two 10.1s and they are both rock solid.

It sounds alot like my experience with the Sprint Palm Pre. I loved the phone, but
I went through 6 of them with different hardware issues before finally giving up and
telling them I wanted an Android device. They sent me a HERO, and the rest is
history.

Good luck!

ptf

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
It gets worse.

Shipped it to Intelisol, they "fixed it" and sent it back. Problem still exists, and Samsung tells me that I should just send the tablet (My 3rd Unit) back for work again. Seriously considering selling it. How much would you suggest for price/where to find a buyer?

ptf

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
It's broken in my little OCD world. The side clicks in and out like was reported on many I/O tabs. I figure as long as I make it clear that the Tab suffers from this, someone who isn't as OCD will be fine with it....

Last edited:

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely love mine... Actually love it so much the thing really doesnt leave the house much because i dont want anything to happen to it lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

olive oyl

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I tried out the samsung 10.1 and it's awesome, tried the iconia tab, thrive, apple 2, and nookcolor. My local best buy lets me try out any tab for fourteen days, no questions asked on return. I wanted to broaden my knowledge on what's out there and how they handle, most of the others crashed multiple times or had issues, but the samsung felt nice quality, had full flash,.. more than 10.1 flash,.. which I could do anything my pc could do in games, etc..,... I noticed a big difference in hardware between samsung and the rest. I'm taking it back. but when they go on sale for the holidays,.. I'll be right there to get me one of these babies! :cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87