Why Does Facebook for Android Suck?

WordPainter

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why the iOS and Blackberry versions are great and the Android version sucks. It refuses to let me open my notifications! When I open the app and it says I have notifications I tap. The drop down shows me my notifications but tapping on one does NOTHING. So frustrating!!!

WordPainter

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Did that. Still useless. Deleted and reinstalled. Still useless. No matter what I try, it refuses to let me open a notification from within the app. I tap and nothing happens. Pretty pathetic.

theDL

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the app is pretty terrible. What it sounds like to me though is a weak connection to wifi or data network. That's when it did that for me anyway. When I've got a good connection it usually responds relatively well.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Does not do that to me on my 10.1 tablet or evo3d. I would not care about the tablet because I just use the full version with the browser anyway but still it works pretty good..

EVO-LUTION 3D

firebirdfrank

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here. Judging from the range of devices experiencing this issue, (I'm on a LTE Galaxy Nexus), must be something going on on their end. Strange behavior. I've always hated the Android app and hated it on iPhone too but it works fine on my iPad (even now). Guess now's as good a time as any to try a third party app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38