Considering the Nexus 7?

Are you selling your Galaxy Tab 10.1 for a Nexus 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
We are realistically a month away from getting ICS on the Galaxy Tab 10.1 and I have to believe that this model will not get a Jelly Bean update. Not to mention the fact that even if we do, it will be a TouchWiz version of JB. I find that the thing I do most with my Tab is consume media, reading, blogs, you tube videos and the occasional game. I find that after using the Tab for awhile, it becomes uncomfortable to hold. Not because of weight or thickness, but just because of the landscape format.

So the question I have for all of you is, are any of you considering selling your Tab and getting the Nexus 7?

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I rooted my tab a while ago and have been running TouchWiz-free CM9 since then, which is great (as long as you don't need the camera). Maybe I'm missing something, but JB looks like more a minor update compared to GB or HC to ICS...so I have no doubt that eventually there will be versions available for this tab, although an "official" one may never see the light of day.

I use this tab a lot, and definitely wouldn't sell a 10.1" to trade for a 7", but at $199, there's a very good chance I'll buy one in addition to my Galaxy Tab.

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Technically, ICS is supposed to be the big update and Jelly Bean is simpler so if they do ICS, JB should be easier.

Anyway, if the big G eventually releases a 32GB version I'd get it in a heartbeat. As it is, I'm intrigued, but my wallet ain't itching to spend! Anyway I must admit as good as the Nexus 7 looks, it's MS' Surface line with W8 Pro that really catches my eye right now...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
7 inches is too small. Reading a magazine on the galaxy tab is bad enough, on a 7-inch device it would be awful. To me, the perfect tablet would be a super-thin 11.6" screen with very little bezel, and Jelly Bean and a super fast multi-core GPU/CPU, 2GB RAM and a 300+ ppi.

ziggster

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Pre-ordered mine today. My 10.1 is going on Craigslist tomorrow. It's been a great device but it's pretty much obsolete.

If (and it's a big if) I can get $250 for the 10.1, that will cover the cost of a 16g Nexus. That's how I'm pitching it to my wife, anyway.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Pre-ordered mine today. My 10.1 is going on Craigslist tomorrow. It's been a great device but it's pretty much obsolete.

If (and it's a big if) I can get $250 for the 10.1, that will cover the cost of a 16g Nexus. That's how I'm pitching it to my wife, anyway.

Pre-ordered mine today actually, but I'm keeping the 10.1.

Obsolete? I really don't think so. It's a year old, but the specs are competitive with much that's out there, and more importantly can definitely run the current OS version just fine (in fact, ICS is much better experience than HC). As far as I'm concerned, a device isn't "obsolete" until it can't run current software without taking a performance hit, and the Galaxy 10.1 isn't there yet. Granted, I'll admit it's not worth the same price today as I paid a year ago, and there are nicer tabs out there, but this is still a great device which use daily.

I'm interested in the Galaxy 7, but will probably still use the 10.1 more often because I like the larger screen. I figure the new 7" tab will be a nice preview of JB, and will be great for traveling when I need something a bit smaller...and at only $199, I figured why not?

ziggster

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Received my Nexus 7 Tuesday. While Jelly Bean is really smooth & the hardware is great, there is something to be said for a 10-inch tablet. It's hell getting old!

NexusQ

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I have given my gf my tab and I have ordered the N7. It was easy for me to give up as I mainly use the tab for reading and games which is (theoretically)better on the N7. Also I don't want to root anymore I just want it to be awesome out of the box.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I was not considering the N7 but I got one as a gift and I am amazed at how good it is! It's blazing fast (combination of JellyBean and Tegra3), no lag and touch/swipe works better than any Android device I've ever used. The screen is amazing (216ppi vs 149 for the Tab10.1) and I've become a fan of the form-factor - it's super light and just much more mobile. The voice-recognition (i.e. Google Now) is very impressive and accurate.

And I know this does not make sense, but the wifi radio is also faster and makes widgets faster. When I get a text on google voice, the Nexus7 gets it first every time. My phone (ICS Nexus S 4G) and Tab 10.1 are both always the last to get them. Same thing with calendar changes and downloading seems to be faster as well.

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Do you miss the 10 inch size? I mostly browse the web on my Tab and I find the size to be tiring after awhile.

Not generally. Since I've had it, I find that I'm using it MORE than my 10.1. I don't carry the Samsung around the house with me. The N7 is more comfortable to carry around, and it's FAST. It's more convenient to just whip out and look up something really quickly. And for $200 I'm not as concerned about it getting bumped or the kids accidentally hitting it. I still pull out the 10.1 if I'm going to watch a movie in bed, though. But to read a book, surf the web, etc. my N7 is filling the gap.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I live my galaxy tab. I had debated the smaller screen but I am very pleased that I got the 10.1 inch screen. I have had it 4 months now and it has been awesome. I wouldn't like a smaller screen. And on a side note....hope Samsung wins the suit against Apple. Its Ridiculous

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non