Video playback

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I was reading something last night about how the Tegra2 doesn't really support "high profile" video playback very well and that it's very choppy. Does this just mean 720/1080P video? Like, if I'm just ripping a movie/TV show from a DVD at a reasonable resolution/file size, would that play fine? And what about HQ YouTube videos?

Part of what I really love using my iPad for is catching up on TV shows when riding the T to/from school (makes that 45 minutes on the train go by much faster) or in bed, and as much as I love Android over iOS, I'm not sure I'd switch to the SGT 10.1 if this is going to be an issue (would probably wait for a Kal-El tablet or some other dual/quad-core in that case I guess). I really use my iPad for 3 main things right now: surfing the web, using Keynote/Pages to study on the way to/from school, and watching videos. Doesn't make sense to switch without at least being able to do all 3 things. I know web browsing would be improved and docs/powerpoints would be about equal.

kagenish

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
i think it comes down to the tablet i have seen video's of the lg, xoom, and all other honeycombe tablet and some had problems during video playback and some didn't.

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
i think it comes down to the tablet i have seen video's of the lg, xoom, and all other honeycombe tablet and some had problems during video playback and some didn't.

hmm interesting. yeah i'll have to try it out/see what people say before picking one up.

just found this video of someone testing out 3.1 on a Xoom - and it handles 720 from youtube in the browser fine but can not do 1080 YouTube - ‪Android 3.1 Honeycomb Hands-on Testing: Performance, Quick Controls, Flash Playback, and More‬‏

kagenish

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
what a good video i think this has been one of the best 3.1 review i seen and i just think it's going to get better with future updates to honeycomb.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I had the XOOM and it handled every DVD rip I put on it, as long as I ripped it correctly. HD video played well, too. HQ YouTube videos in the YouTube app played beautifully but I cannot comment on HD YouTube videos in the browser as I only had my XOOM with the 3.1 update for a day or two because I returned it in preparation for the GTab 10.1 lol

kagenish

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I had the XOOM and it handled every DVD rip I put on it, as long as I ripped it correctly. HD video played well, too. HQ YouTube videos in the YouTube app played beautifully but I cannot comment on HD YouTube videos in the browser as I only had my XOOM with the 3.1 update for a day or two because I returned it in preparation for the GTab 10.1 lol

thats one of the things the guy in the video did go over with was on how it look during the app compare the browser. so you getting the GTab 10.1 also or you going to get a different Tablet.

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
sweet so it sounds like it should work pretty well! :) def going to try it out first, but probably gonna go with the gt 10.1 :)

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
thats one of the things the guy in the video did go over with was on how it look during the app compare the browser. so you getting the GTab 10.1 also or you going to get a different Tablet.

I'm buying my 4G LTE Galaxy Tab 10.1 the first day it's available!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty