Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 wont charge

Ok so i got a samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 for chrismas and aftear 2 months i tried to charge it and itchowed an X on the battery so i found ouat athat if you let your battery die all the way and the big battery when of will go half way and start over i kept it chargeingbfor a couple of days and it started to charge fully but X problem is it will only charge when off

If it starts to charge again dont let it run out of battery it happen to me befor it will only charge when off

You are fantastic!!! I blew on it thinking I might as well try it seems as you tried cleaning yours...it works! No red cross and it's charging...strange!

Quote Originally Posted by Tasz Chatellier View Post
    SOLVED !!!,! Im so happy today my tablet is finally charging! Ive had the lil red x over my battery for weeks now when I was lucky enough to actually have it on. When it would die I would get the awful two orange bars on a dead screen that would shut off.

This is what I did, with a dry q-tip and tweezers I very very gently cleaned some dirty grime that was in my tablets charge thingy. Plugged it in but still just the two orange bars. I waited and played w the power button and volume down button. Still nothing. Tonight for the heck of it I pressed VOLUME UP about ten times really quick. Then tapped the power button AND VOILA THE BATTERY CHARGED AND NO MORE RED X EITHER, hope this helps some of all.
    You are fantastic!!! I blew on it thinking I might as well try it seems as you tried cleaning yours...it works! No red cross and it's charging...strange!

Help please i have a samsung galexy tab 2 and went to put it on charge today and it wont charge and doesnt come up with any sign of life, im using the wall plug that came with it, im at a stand still, if i somehow contact samsung will i be able to get someone to look at it under the warrenty, i got it christmas as part of my mobile phone contract any help would be wellcome

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

So we got our 10.1 in August 2012, It worked great until like May 19 when it quit charging. Basically the yellow battery comes on and moves up a about a quarter of it then quits. I also could not turn it on. We had the extended warranty through Best Buy so I took it in. I got it back two weeks later and it said that the charging cable was bad and they sent me a new one. It worked great for almost a month and I took it back to Best Buy today except this time I videoed on my phone what it was doing so at least they wouldn't think I was full of it. While there they told me that its happening allot as a matter of fact an employee brought hers in while I was there doing the same exact thing. So I think there must be a problem bigger then blowing in the charging port. I am hoping they Junk it out cause I want a Note 8.0 instead.

Blowing into the charger cord that plugs into the tablet did it for me. Why? I don't know, but it works.
    Thanked by 2:
    Francisc Mozes likes this.

just turn off the wifi and it will charge

Change the charger but it must be a galaxy tab 2 10.1 orginal

My understanding is the connections get bent or whatever and just dont connect. This was explained to me when I was researching the galaxy vs the ipad mini. If you check it out, you will see the ipad or iphone connection is flat, with the connectors on the sides, so nothing has to fit into anything. I am not a techy but I hope this is somewhat clear. I would go ipad mini all the way.

Default samsung tab 10.1

I have a problem with the charger even though the charger is the original one but it keep cutting on and off and even when is on and u are using it though the plug is still in and the battery run down. What can i do

I also have a galaxy 10.1 that has not been used a lot until recently. Now it will not turn on will not take a charge. Used the one that came with and all others I could find. Nothing works. It will not come on or even show the battery icon. I am at a lost as to what to do.
    Last edited by Harriet Leibfried; 07-04-2013 at 06:59 AM.

Before you charge it go intosettings then app manager click righthand corner on running thenclick on each app and stop dont worry you wont lose anything it will charge up quitr quickly also make sure wifi is turned off.if they are left on running while you charge it is still draining your battery and it takes ages to charge then , its a bit of a pain to do this everytime but it does work

Thumbs down Re: samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 wont charge

Ya my girlfriends wont charge, we took it to best buy where we purchased a $100 add on warranty but yet we still have to sent to Samsung for 4 to 6 weeks, we are absolutely furious this is simply not right

Talking Re: samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 wont charge

Thank you so much! My daughter had been using my Galaxy Tab and I couldn't get it to turn on, but she'd been trying to charge it with a cellphone charger. I had tried everything!

I got the same problem, a red cross across the battery icon, I thought it did not charge. Finally I ignored the red cross, plugged in over night, the tablet still charged but extremely slow. Later I found out I used the charger from my Samsung cell. After I switched it to the original charger for the tablet the red cross disappeared and everything worked as normal.

I had the same problem and was able to determine that the Wall Charger needs to be rated for at least 2.1 amps when the battery is completely drained. I was able to find one at Best Buy for $20.00. Hope this helps.

I think just about all of us have had this issue it seems. lol. I have the original charger (2100mAh, i.e. 2.1 Amp) and would get the Red X. (With the lightning behind it.) What I noticed is that I would only get that if I've left it on for a few days and seem to have a lot of background processes running. I generally shut it off to charge anyway but if I turn it on or reboot it, then I have the lightning back with no red X and it charges much quicker.

Just thought I'd share.

-=Rob=-

Blowing on it !!! Sounds like our old Atari games. When they wouldn't play properly we'd do the same thing - blow on it.
    I also have problem with tab. Used it last night - shut it off and tried to turn it on this morning and nothing happened. Black screen.
    I'll try this technique, also I'll try a different charger. Thanks for the tips.

Hey ive open up the back and dis connected the battery the put back altogether and theb put it on i still got the problem but if i turn it all the way off it charges.

Cool Re: samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 wont charge

That same thing hqppend to my samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 chris nava and who ever relates to this. First I learned that you should let it power it down till its totally dead but that didn't work so I just bought a new charger and the helper at the store said the charger won't work anymore because I pulled it to hard when it was done charging and wrecked one of the wires in the charger so my advise is to first try letting it die then if that doesn't work then buy a new charger and next time your done charging it easily pull the rope not the fat part and I assure your tab 2 will always work great in fact I'm using my tab 2 to write this message thanks and I wish you luck with that advice bye

Hi, the Tab does charge with the original charger.
    Thanks!

when i connect ma tablet with charger it start charging nd then off again it start charging nd den its off

I am having a similar problem.
    I just bought a samsung galaxy tablet last month. Last weekend, I connected it to my computer. Everything worked out well. Now, a few days later, it will not charge, register a charge, or show it is connected to the computer. I am using the cord and outlet plug in that came with it. I have a 64 GB card in it because I was transferring music to my tablet. I didn't drop it. It didn't get wet. There is no red X on the battery. It is at 40% right now. I haven't tried charging it since I connected it to the computer until last night. When I go to battery settings it says that the battery is discharging. I rebooted it. I turned it off and on many times. I restarted it. I took the memory card out and in many times (and I did safely remove it) I plugged other devices into the cord and they worked. The outlet on the tablet is not bent at all. I turned it off an 4 hours ago to see if that would help. I just turned it on and the same is still happening. Please help!

Lightbulb Re: samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 wont charge

Problem solved! Was having the same problem and realised it's all about ampage. Some cheaper replacement chargers or chargers for some mobiles don't deliver enough power to charge tablets up from empty. So although they might keep it ticking over and ever slowly charge it when it still has some juice when it is completely dead it just can't cope! If you have lost or damaged the charger that came with the tablet I suggest (as hard as this is to say) an Apple or Blackberry wall plug with the tablets USB lead as these deliver a higher ampage than other smartphone chargers! I'm using a blackberry and it charges my tab 2 no problem. Hope this helps.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast