Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 won't charge

nobby1234

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 wont charge

Hi Raunaq.

I was having similar problem. I was getting red cross also. It would only charge if device swithched off. I purchased an official car charger for my galaxy(from ebay) and swapped the cable from the car using the original wall charger and it works, no more red cross.the device is on and is charging if you like i will send you the ebay link where i purchased it from , Ithink it cost approx 9 pounds im thinking of buying another cheers. i hope this heps

shameerok

May 18, 2013
Visit site

Hi

I bought Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 last month and now it is not getting charged. It is giving the indication of the Charging, even i keep for a hr for charging this getting charged for 12% etc.. and when I am using the tab the power went off quickly. Can any one suggest the solution. Does it allow me to return it? I really fed up with this device.
Thanks
Shameer

jenday1178

May 25, 2013
Visit site

Recently I was having the same problem with the red x over the charging symbol. A couple people said to blow into the charging port on the tablet but that didnt. I blew into all pieces the end of the charger itself, the usb end, and on the wall piece of the charger where the usb goes into it. That worked for my it took five or six trys so dont give up.

Daniel Gilbert

May 26, 2013
Visit site

HI, I have this problem and it was driving me nuts. I have found a work round though. If you turn the tablet of completely and then turn it back on, it should charge whilst on. Worked for me. Hope this helps

chris nava

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

Ok so i got a samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 for chrismas and aftear 2 months i tried to charge it and itchowed an X on the battery so i found ouat athat if you let your battery die all the way and the big battery when of will go half way and start over i kept it chargeingbfor a couple of days and it started to charge fully but X problem is it will only charge when off

chris nava

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

If it starts to charge again dont let it run out of battery it happen to me befor it will only charge when off

Georgia Davies

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

SOLVED !!!,! Im so happy today my tablet is finally charging! Ive had the lil red x over my battery for weeks now when I was lucky enough to actually have it on. When it would die I would get the awful two orange bars on a dead screen that would shut off.

This is what I did, with a dry q-tip and tweezers I very very gently cleaned some dirty grime that was in my tablets charge thingy. Plugged it in but still just the two orange bars. I waited and played w the power button and volume down button. Still nothing. Tonight for the heck of it I pressed VOLUME UP about ten times really quick. Then tapped the power button AND VOILA THE BATTERY CHARGED AND NO MORE RED X EITHER, hope this helps some of all.
You are fantastic!!! I blew on it thinking I might as well try it seems as you tried cleaning yours...it works! No red cross and it's charging...strange!

mandymoo86

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site

Help please i have a samsung galexy tab 2 and went to put it on charge today and it wont charge and doesnt come up with any sign of life, im using the wall plug that came with it, im at a stand still, if i somehow contact samsung will i be able to get someone to look at it under the warrenty, i got it christmas as part of my mobile phone contract any help would be wellcome

gotribe28

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

So we got our 10.1 in August 2012, It worked great until like May 19 when it quit charging. Basically the yellow battery comes on and moves up a about a quarter of it then quits. I also could not turn it on. We had the extended warranty through Best Buy so I took it in. I got it back two weeks later and it said that the charging cable was bad and they sent me a new one. It worked great for almost a month and I took it back to Best Buy today except this time I videoed on my phone what it was doing so at least they wouldn't think I was full of it. While there they told me that its happening allot as a matter of fact an employee brought hers in while I was there doing the same exact thing. So I think there must be a problem bigger then blowing in the charging port. I am hoping they Junk it out cause I want a Note 8.0 instead.

jpridemore

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site

Blowing into the charger cord that plugs into the tablet did it for me. Why? I don't know, but it works.

pam burns

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site

My understanding is the connections get bent or whatever and just dont connect. This was explained to me when I was researching the galaxy vs the ipad mini. If you check it out, you will see the ipad or iphone connection is flat, with the connectors on the sides, so nothing has to fit into anything. I am not a techy but I hope this is somewhat clear. I would go ipad mini all the way.:)

clifford sintim

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
samsung tab 10.1

I have a problem with the charger even though the charger is the original one but it keep cutting on and off and even when is on and u are using it though the plug is still in and the battery run down. What can i do

Harriet Leibfried

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I also have a galaxy 10.1 that has not been used a lot until recently. Now it will not turn on will not take a charge. Used the one that came with and all others I could find. Nothing works. It will not come on or even show the battery icon. I am at a lost as to what to do.

Last edited:

Susan Carruthers

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site

Before you charge it go intosettings then app manager click righthand corner on running thenclick on each app and stop dont worry you wont lose anything it will charge up quitr quickly also make sure wifi is turned off.if they are left on running while you charge it is still draining your battery and it takes ages to charge then , its a bit of a pain to do this everytime but it does work

Aaron Sheffield

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

Ya my girlfriends wont charge, we took it to best buy where we purchased a $100 add on warranty but yet we still have to sent to Samsung for 4 to 6 weeks, we are absolutely furious this is simply not right

Marie Spanner

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site

Thank you so much! My daughter had been using my Galaxy Tab and I couldn't get it to turn on, but she'd been trying to charge it with a cellphone charger. I had tried everything!