Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 won't charge

Toby Smith1

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Same issue here with my daughter's Tab 2 which was new in December 2012. We have been through 2 chargers and 3 cables because of these issues. They are inferior and build-quality spec less than the tablets.

New cable did the trick for us.

Sharmaine Aquino

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much guys for the tips. PROBLEM SOLVED!!! I did all your tips; blowing in every slots of my charger and the tablet itself then cleaned it. I held the power button for about 5-10 sec. and the volume down button, waited for a couple of sec..And choose "REBOOT" instead of activating ADB. (You're tablet will restart as you rebooted it)

And it works!! The battery charged and NO MORE RED X either.. Thank you guys for the tips. GOD BLESS YOU ALL..

j3pp0

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 wont charge

Hi , my Samsung note 10.1 has got a charging problem it is now on red & I don't want to turn it on in case it messes it up completely.
I hope you have got a real solution.
Thanks J

marie shreeves

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I've been having the same problem with my tablet not charging. It just started happening the last few days. Sometimes it works fine, but most of the time, it does not. I have discovered that my car charger works just fine. I think it is a problem with one or more of the pins on the cable connector. Also, it charges (very slowly) when the tablet is turned off, but not while it is on. Have ordered a new Samsung charger from Amazon. Hopefully, that will fix the problem. Otherwise, I will just have to charge it in the car or overnite with the tablet turned off.

Jellal

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi, you can charge it on your laptop but if the laptop is turned off it won't charge and if you want to charge it on your own charger try again to charge successfully, i hope this works for you.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Jellal

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 wont charge

Hi , my Samsung note 10.1 has got a charging problem it is now on red & I don't want to turn it on in case it messes it up completely.
I hope you have got a real solution.
Thanks J

Hi, i think you must try it again so it will charge if it's not working buy a new one don't buy a charger that that is expensive it might damage also you can try charging it on a laptop or computer using USB or a Micro USB Cable/Charger.

Posted via Android Central App

Brandon Burriss

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I got a samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 for christmas. Yesterday the battery ran right down I put it on charge and it just wont charge every now and again it comes up with an empty battery icon or a battery icon with a gold/yellow colour filling halfway up the icon other than that the screen is just blank it wont turn on or off I have plugged it into the wall and also tried with my laptop and neither have worked it has now been on charge for about 36 hours any ideas? Thanks

I have the same problem with my 10.1 not charging. I need help please

Haley Ammon

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I actually tried this and it worked! Not a single adapter or outlet in my house would charge my tablet that had been dead for a couple days, but once I turned my car on and plugged it into the car charger it worked instantly. Although it seems like it's charging kinda slow it definitely worked!!! I suggest this as well!

herbi

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I had the same issue.....
Try this it worked for me:
put the tab on charge , hold the volume up and down key pressed in for 20 sec. The tab will boot up however the battery will be very low, switch it off immediately and let it charge normally.

Kaltern e

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Just wanted to register and say that definitely works - if your tab is in a charging loop, vol up+down while plugged in will reset and boot the tab - allowing the charge to work normally :D

Bob Tarwacki

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I have just solved this for my own particular case. It may not apply to everyone. In order to charge the Samsung tab 10.1, one needs to have at least 2 amps or better available at the charger. My original Samsung charger (listed as 5v at 2 amps) stopped working the other day, though it continued to produce a trickle of voltage. I purchased a 5v - 2.1 amp generic charger from Duane Reade and it immediately began charging the tab. It is already up to 20%, where it was at 1% earlier this morning.
Provided that your original charging wire is good, any generic 5v supply at >2 Amps (with a USB port) should get you going again.

BT

Petit_Minet

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi, Thanks for your help jghelzer , I have a Galaxy note 10.1 and I was having the same problem with the battery and I have already tried all the different methods I could find on the web, so I said what the heck... And it worked! I tried pushing down the power+vol up button and when the ADB screen appeared I hit the reboot button. My battery has been at 3% for 2 weeks now, I tried to purchase a different cable thinking mine was damage (Samsung original) and even changed the battery (again, Original new battery). I was almost giving up on it :'(, but immediately after following your advice and rebooting the tablet. The battery indicator came up to 25% without any recharge! I turned it off and I´m crossing my fingers to see if it goes back to normal.

Thanks a bunch! :D

Luis Marcano

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Dude I'm jumping and laughing like crazy....The charger base just needed a blow job beofre coming back to life!!! How crazy and simple is this fix, just take the base conector on the tablet and blow it like removing dust, connect it back to the tablet and boom!!! resolved!! thanks a lot :cool::D

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
SUCCESS!!!

When connected to the Samsung charger with original cable, the charge indicator went to one quarter of the icon then blanked. I blew into the port; no change.

Tried holding down the ON and VOLUME keys with no charge cable gave no result.
Did it again with charge cable connected and after 20seconds I let go. After another 10 seconds it started charging!

cyberclick

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
hi, can you email on how you got your samsung tab 2 to work, mine is stuck on the copper battery, will not turn on either, Ive tried almost everything

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress