Can't remove apps at bottom of screen

Rilla1

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi I did an update to my Galaxy TAB 2 10.1 to OS 4.2.2
Now I can't remove the apps from the base of the screen. They seem to be fixed. All other apps I can remove and add as before. The apps that I cannot remove from the base of the screen are Contacts, S.Planner, Internet, YouTube, Maps, Settings and Apps. I only use the last two apps so having the rest there is really annoying.

Can anyone suggest a way to remove them?

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
From what I remember of my brief fling with 4.2.2, you can drag useful apps to "fixed" bottom row. I thought that was one of the good things of the update. I kept ESfile explorer, Settings, dropbox and Splanner there. Apps launcher is fixed to the right bottom.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
From what I remember of my brief fling with 4.2.2, you can drag useful apps to "fixed" bottom row. I thought that was one of the good things of the update. I kept ESfile explorer, Settings, dropbox and Splanner there. Apps launcher is fixed to the right bottom.

Yes, but I believe the OP's problem is that the apps in that Favorites Tray can't be removed.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Okay but I recall having dropbox and ESFlile explorer staying put when I moved to a different screen

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Okay but I recall having dropbox and ESFlile explorer staying put when I moved to a different screen

Not sure if we're talking about the same issue. The Favorites Tray, which is that lower row, is intended to remain the same as you swipe from homescreen to homescreen, which makes it easier to access the frequently used apps that you place in that tray. You should still be able to remove any of those app shortcuts in the Favorites Tray and replace them with any other shortcut of your choice. The OP is saying that he (or she, sorry, can't tell from the username) can no longer remove any of the shortcuts from the Favorites Tray.

papafrankm

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Download nova launcher you place any apps you want in quick launch area, you can have it stay or scroll.
Love nova launcher.

Posted via Android Central App

cahls

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Ditto to the Nova Launcher praise... Great app...

Posted via Android Central App
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (WiFi)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi)
Samsung Galaxy S3 (AT&T)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty