Do Samsung HDMI adapters work on the Tab 2 7.0?

RJSAdvisors

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I just bought the Student Edition of the Tab 2 7.0 at Fry's on Friday, 8/24/12; and I am enjoying it a lot. The sales rep told me I could get an HDMI adapter to mirror the Tab's screen on an HD TV by ordering the adapter from Samsung. I went to the Samsung website and checked on accessories for the Tab 2 7.0, but there was no listing for an HDMI adapter.

It looks like Samsung did in fact produce an HDMI adapter for some of their earlier tablets, but I have not been able to confirm that these older HDMI adapters will work with the Tab 2 7.0. Has anybody tried this and had success with it? I would like to be sure it works before ordering one online. :)

RJSAdvisors

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
It looks like the answer is NO. The Samsung HDTV adapter does not work with this model for some reason. This is based on comments from customers on Samsung's own support forum. Apparently the Samsung manual initially said the Tab 2 7.0 did offer HDTV capability, but that comment has now been removed from the latest version of the manual. There is some suggestion that Samsung may eventually sell an updated adapter that will work, but that is far from clear. This capability may not have been included by Samsung in order to reduce costs and hit the price point of $249.

fcjr77

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I have both a 10.1 and a Tab 2 7.0. I purchased the adapter and it only works on my 10.1. It sucks but hopefully they will release one out for the Tab 2. :(

RJSAdvisors

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Even though the Samsung HDMI adapter does not work for the Galaxy Tab2 7.0, this model still supports DLNA connections to a smart TV or using other DLNA certified devices such as a Sony PS3, etc. This is an alternative to HDMI that is useful for limited purposes. For example, using DLNA actually works pretty well for showing videos from your tablet on a DLNA connected TV or to play music files through the TV and a connected stereo once the wireless DLNA transmission gets going. There will be a bit of a lag before it starts to play. Photos can be shown as well, but slideshows move rather slowly in my experience and can, therefore, be rather frustrating to present using a DLNA connection.

Hiberny

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I just talked to Samsung support and they insisted that the EPL-3PHPBE adapter will work with it. I told the rep that my Tab 2 isn't listed as compatible on their own website, but she still insisted it would work. :/ I'm not about to plunk down money on something that I'm pretty sure will be a waste...

Gerry Roppe

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I bought the dock and it did not work although the ad insisted that it worked with the 7 inch but not the 7 inch plus. I looks nice and charges well. I noticed that you had a problem in Nov. with the adapter. Did you buy one after talking w/ the tech? Thanks.

Christopher Thomson

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
No there is absolutely no way to mirror the tab througb a tv unless your tv is a smart tv which only limits you to play files that are alrrady on the tab to the tv, I have spoke to samsung and they have told me this, they are letting me file a complaint and I rrckon if theres enough complaints about it to samsung then they might do something about it, consideri g the older model tabs lets you do it so dont see why this one doesnt do it

metalmorphasis

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Supports HDMI/MHL connections to connect electronic devices to
high-definition televisions (HDTVs) and displays..
Maybe a class action lawsuit would be a possibility?

Karim Kassam

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung Tab 2 10.1" 16GB Wifi - HDMI adapter ?

I would like to connect to my TV my Samsung Tablet via a HDMI connection.

Is there one available in the market ?

Karim

rabitsfoot5kansas

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I bought the old connector lead, ie tab2 connector one end and 3 phono plugs the other.RED..YEIIOW,.and WHITE.Tried feeding to samee sockets (VGA?) ON NEW TV did not work.Then fitted a scart to tv which had phono sockets built in,(RED, YELLOW,, WHITE,) Did not work.Does anyone know what is output from the tab2.7 socket? Also does anyone know what each pin on the socket is supposed to do and the lay out numbers.Must be a way of doing this.

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
THERE IS NO VIDEO OUTPUT ON THE GALAXY TAB 2 MODEL GT-P3113 WIFI! Please quit buying adapters because they will not work! There is no video output!

Mark Breen

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I've read somewhere that in fact they DO work with tab 2's so long as they receive a power input. But the question is do these adapters enable one?