Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7 inch) won't charge or turn on.

Remove the back with "plastic opening tools" available from tech shops or online and physically remove the battery to force a hard reboot. Re-install the battery & back panel. Recharge. It worked for me and saved my tablet. Have a repair person do the work if you are not tech savy.

Thanks for the tip about using car charger.
    My Tab2 10.1 appeared dead, fallen off its perch!. No sign of life whatsoever. Tried charging using supplied lead. nothing. tried alternative pressings of all buttons and for differing lengths of time. Nothing. connected to car charger.....YIPPEE!!!! thing works. Mine had been on charge for about an hour last night. taken off charge, worked and then when I tried to wake it up later, nothing. On connection to car charger the charging symbol illuminated showing 90% charge so must be some sort of fault with sensor. fingers crossed!!!!!

Default Re: Samsung galaxy tab 2 7in wont charge or turn on.

dude i have the same problem if i use 12v car charger there is no harm to the tab??

Moeen Tahir. You are the man.

It works straight away.

Put the tab on the normal wall charger. Then tried holding volume button (both up and down) and power button for 20 seconds, and next time it was charging normally.

Many thank Mooen

The same thing happened to my samsung galaxy tab 2 on the same day. How did you get the battery out? I got the screen off but wasn't sure what to do for the battery. Heard this happened from a power surge. We were having storms that day

Unhappy Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7 inch) won't charge or turn on.

Why is my samsung glxy tab 2 wont turn on ?
    I'm just playing a game then its starts to hang up . then when i try to lock it . and re open it again it wont turn on
    what to do ? Please help ASAP ://

Hiya i'm having the same problem only when i turn mine on my percentage is 0 and then the weird stuff starts happening!!!
    My tablet starts saying 100%, 97% and then 66% it's weird but i need help shall i buy a new charger or shall i go back to the store and swap for a new one!!

Here is the trick to charge your Samsung Tab 2, make sure your device is turn off, sometimes you have to try to press the power button hold it for a few seconds, plug the charger in if the battery level moving from 0 level to all the way to full level, that means your table is charging, if it doesn't do that, unplug the charger, press the power button and hold it for a few seconds then plug the charge back on and see the charging level again.

Holding the off/on button got my galaxy tab 3 to turn on...BUT it did NOT go to a reboot page...it only went to a box that said "battery is critically low" click ok. How come it didn't go to a reboot page as many of you have mentioned?

this worked for me! my tab's working again.Thank you

Exclamation Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7 inch) won't charge or turn on.

this morning my tablet worked perfectly then suddenly on the charger button it came with a cross and my tablet shut down and won't even charge and i just bought the main samsung galaxy charger nothing has gone wrong with it plzz can i have help as soon as posside

how did you get the back off?

I had all the problems here and I just my tab charging again and what I did was everytime the loading battery would come up and repeatedly ppress the power button until the battery went and kept doing this for like 5/10 minutes. Then it just started charging like normal! But I haven't turned it on yet..
    Hope this helps!xxx

How did you get the back off? I have the same problem but can't figure out how to get the back off.

Mine when plugged in kept cycling between the circle, battery charging icon at 0% then black. If left plugged in all night, it would charge.

I have tried everything except disconnecting the battery.

The fix: while plugged in hold the power button and home button at the same time until it turns on. Worked great for me.

Let me know if this works for you as well.

Thanks
    Thanked by:

Default Removing the tablet back cover...

Note that taking the back off will void your warranty. I tried everything before sending mine in for repair, only to find out that I voided the warranty in the process of trying to troubleshoot. :-/

Default Re: Removing the tablet back cover...

Plugging my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 cable into my iPhone 4S charger adapter kicked the tablet back into charging mode.

Lightbulb Success Update!

I got my (7" tab 3) tablet back today from Samsung--warranty deemed void because I removed the back cover. After hours of desperate, last-ditch strategies and button-mashing, I got it to turn back on normally. Here's what I did:

1) Remove the back cover of your UNPLUGGED tablet. (Youtube has good tutorial videos. This will void your warranty.)
    2) Disconnect the battery (small wires leading to a tiny rectangle at the bottom of the board).
    3) While the battery is disconnected, PLUG IN the tablet.
    4) Reconnect the battery (I felt mine "snap" twice into place).
    5) Turn on the tablet (mine came on immediately after I pressed the power button).

I haven't seen a tip like this on other forums, but it's worth a try if nothing else is working for you. Cheers.

Same thing happend to me I remember searching online and it says if you leave your tab charging to long the battery gets overheated and dies I can't open my back cover though

Cheers!

You can get in to the back of the tablet quite easerly using a plastic opening tool that you can get off ebay for a couple of pound. I also had this problem I took it the battery had died so bought one off ebay and replaced it quite easily and it worked fine.

Posted via Android Central App

i bought a sg tab p3100 and it was working fine in the warranty period and its been 3 months after the warranty and now its showing charging problems.they told me its the problem with the charging IC and need to change the motherboard and battery which will be cost me half the price of the tab.
    now the quality of the samsung products are very annoying and u will get same configuration products of other companies for half the price of samsung products.

this morning i got my samsung tab 2 7.0 drained. so i plug it on the wall charger but the screen shows charging but dont fill the battery till the end then gone immediately and keeps on repeating, i cant turn it on also, im trying to do the trick like hold the power and volumes button but it wont work also, i plug it on pc but the screen still shows the same. what will i do, pls help. thank you in advance

Quote Originally Posted by kathryn hatley View Post
    I got my SG tab 2 a month ago. Had been working perfectly. Yesterday I put it in the charge (the factory charger that came with it) at 20% charge. Left it on charger all afternoon and through the night. Looked at it this morning and it wouldn't turn on. I put it back on charger. When i pushed the power button to see if it would come on, the picture of the battery appears with a "loading" circle on it then looks like its charging but then goes off. It keeps repeating. I have not left it in extreme heat or cold. Hasn't been dropped or got wet. It just started doing this. Also I got it at Wal-Mart and I didn't get an extended warranty with it.

UPDATE!!! I got the back off and pulled out the battery. Left battery out for an hour. Put battery back in. Left power off and plugged into charger. Is currently charging and turned on. We will see if this fixed it completely.

Global Posts
    4,418 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Quote Originally Posted by k8lovered View Post
    this morning i got my samsung tab 2 7.0 drained. so i plug it on the wall charger but the screen shows charging but dont fill the battery till the end then gone immediately and keeps on repeating, i cant turn it on also, im trying to do the trick like hold the power and volumes button but it wont work also, i plug it on pc but the screen still shows the same. what will i do, pls help. thank you in advance
    Hello. The battery doesn't charge at all? Can you turn it on while it is plugged into the wall charger?

Sent from my One Xl using AC Forums mobile app
    "The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money." - Thomas Jefferson

My One X has served its time...now it's the Note 4's turn
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast