Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7 inch) won't charge or turn on.

psydefects

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung galaxy tab 2 7in wont charge or turn on.

Hello all, since many of you wanted to know how to open a tablet case, it's probably much easier than any device i have opened, just pry the back case open , starting from the corners, with a plastic tool, and work your way around. It may have a couple screws, mine has one at the sd card pcb. Now i have this weird thing too. Suddenly yesterday my battery was ultra low but on purpose because next launcher 3d has a bug and i can't reach the lock screen unless the bat is low and it starts to turn itself off, that moment appears for fragments of a sec the lock screen and timing with observation of the tap spots may work if i could plug it in timely. So at a moment screen turns black , and back cam led starts blinking. No button works,nor pluging it in does anything, it stays cold too. I have a 7.4V 23.46Watt 3170mAh double cell battery because it runs a quad tegra3 with 12x gou cores and the companion ulv core plusthe 10" screen it barely makes 3hrs continuously. My charger isn't a usb it's another type of plug ,flat elongated, with a ribbon lpc io cable hooked to the mobo. It's quite mofular buikt i remember 6x modules hookedbon a hannstar mobo (german) and i suspect its a clone of a tf 300 since it's made by pegatron abd sold unbranded. Can someone givevme charger specs do i dont burn it? I have multichargers with volt changing switch @ 1A, the charger has 1A input 1.5A output rating and 19V output too. Thanks.

weeeeeeee

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

Anyone help me! I have a SG TAB2. It doesn't turn on or charge anymore but I can Still access download mode(Power button+Volume down). I dont know what else to do I have odin 1.3.. :(

banubcom

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site

It certainly has not been completed. Do this:
- Open the casing
- Remove the battery
- Direct charger for an hour
- Replace the battery and casing
- Charger as usual
- completed

Kiki_Singh1

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

REAL FIX PAY ATTENTION TO EVERY DETAIL

In response to all, this happened to my Samsung tab 2 7.0.

There are much simpler steps than removing casing & battery. Whilst the tablet is performing the odd activity of temporarily charging and then powering off, hold down the "Volume up and down key" at the same time. This will bring you into "Boot loader screen" from there on wards you want to select "reboot device", something relevant to rebooting. NOTE: Do not select clear/partition/factory reset device as this may worsen the situation. After selecting "reboot device" you device will attempt to turn on but then will switch off straight away. Do not worry, instead be patient & do not touch any controls or power wires as then the device will automatically turn back on and start charging automatically with the battery symbol appearing as normal.

Please do feel free to contact me if anything is misunderstood.

I hope all your tablets successfully boot correctly

May the force be with you

- Thank you

Kiki:cool:

Pip Cromwell

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site

Hi There
I was having the same prob. but i dont have a car so i kept reading and found this person that held the volume buttons down and got there Galaxy tab 2 to restart i have just tried it and it does work thank you for the tip i cant remember your name but i think i reply directly to your lat post ...thanks again everyone:D.....i held my buttons for about 20 sec ...gave the tab the hairy eye too not sure but it might have helped LOL

AgaP

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site

Car charger 12V worked for me too!!!!! So pleased with this solution! :)

Starkster

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

Same thing happened to my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 after it got completely flattened. I tried the button technic but nothing happened. After trying to charge it on the laptop for hours I decided to plug it into the wall and straight a way it began to charge

charleefarlee

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site

Hi guys,
I've been having a slightly different problem. I got my galaxy tab 2 fpr christmas last year, works a treat but for the last month or two, I haven't used it so I'd assume I've run the battery flat out dead. I put it on charge last night but the little battery charging icon didn't load or come up, but I continued to leave it plugged in all attempted to turn it on this morning and notitem I've gone to try again this morning with a different charger and still nothing. Anyone got any ideas or suggestions please?

Noreen7350

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

Thank you! Holding down the up and down volume button for 10 seconds does it for me!!!! Whoo Hoooooooo!!!

Yummymummy83

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Had the same problem but solved ity from reading this tread,what i did was press the power button and both volume button down together for about 20 seconds then put it back on charge then it started charging properly.:)
Try it worked for me :D

deadbatterytab2

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

FINALLY worked it out!! I have tried all the different methods to get a dead battery charging again, holding down power button 30 sec, volume, home etc, but none worked. What I had to do was to warm the tablet up. You need to warm the battery so it will excite and take a charge again. With mine I put it face down on a blanket then placed my laptop on top so the heat from the laptop warmed the tablet. It is slow but it is taking a charge again. Mine was completely flat!!!!
If you dont have a latptop just use blankets to cover it completely. It will slowly heat and start taking a charge.

tazzyt3

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site

Same thing with mine its a common issue I charged it with a 12 volt car sdapter ... I stuck the usb in and it started charging normally sheeeesh if somany ppl have the same l problem samsung should do a buy back or offer to fix them

tazzyt3

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site

Same problem with mine too! It would start to charge then turn off and not charge so I plugged it into my car charger it didn't work but I remembered I had another car charger in the trunk so I grabbed it and plugged the usb in it and immediatly it started charging both car chargers are fine but I guess only one of em had 12v power so that one worked.. wish samsung woukd fix this common issue but I noticed it happens when the tablet goes dead.

waweezy

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

I tried to hold down the volumn up and down button at the same time nothing happened the battery symble just keep blinking on and off

rob1908

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

please can somebody help me. i have a Samsung galaxy Note 8.0 which i got like 2 months ago everything was working fine until i left the bettery to run out and turn off by its self now it wont charge and start up iv tried everything but nothing seems to work I've left it on the charger for more then a day now but still nothing. its not like i can take the battery out and replace it. please if some one can help ill definitely appreciate it.

stephanie pierce1

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site

I have a Samsung tablet ...i have not used it for some time and have had it less than a year. It is not coming on and when I have it plugged into the wall charger the charge light is not even coming on. I have tried the volume/power thing and still nothing. Can someone PLEASE help me?

android9991

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

I have really bad problem, yesterday i cleaned 1 gb on my samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 and it says it has 1,00 gb free of 4,50 gb, then today i gone to facebook and then the low memory sign showed up, it said it has 0 bytes free space of 4,50 gb, i deleted apps and it had 190 mb free, then i restarted phone because i lost network, then after restart animation showed up and it was doing it like 120 times and dont want to start the phone, plese help!!!