Galaxy Tab 3 7" - Is it a good tablet????

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Tab 3 7" Is it a good tablet????

Oh forgot about that, the big knock on this Sprint Galaxy Tab 3 (7") is the resolution..... but it appears fine to me. I was expecting it to be terrible and was pleasantly surprised.

I agree on that. I read somewhere that the resolution wasn't full HD so I didn't know what to expect.

Of course it's not as pretty compared to my GS4, but it's good enough and better then others.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Mark Zagotti

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I agree on that. I read somewhere that the resolution wasn't full HD so I didn't know what to expect.

Of course it's not as pretty compared to my GS4, but it's good enough and better then others.

I still say the Sprint GT3 is a great buy for $50 out the door. I like the IR blaster which works well, I like the ability to increase the storage with a micro SD card, the display is good enough for me and I am finding more utility compared to the old 7.0 plus tab I sold to get the GT3. The Sprint version is a better buy spec wise compared to the WiFi only version even with the added data plan. I see the comments on some of the threads knocking the GT3 and my response to that is if you don't like it don't buy it. Go buy a Nexus.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site

You actually have less than 12 gb

Posted via Android Central App

Well 8 + 8 is 16 isnt it?
So i figured that the OS took up around 4gb of my original 8gb then i'll add an 8gb card to the remaining 4gb it should equal 12gb,right????
Anyways im gonna have to get them cos they have filled it up with no problems. Mainly pics and videos.
They are both starting to freeze and crash alot but figured it could be not enough memory to run smoothly.

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site

What do people expect from an 7" tablet that now costs under ?100 here in the UK (i paid ?160 two months before christmas).
I think they are pretty good for a bog standard tab. I must admit memory wise the UK version is a bit naff, only 8gb storage with half of that taken up by samsungs own stuff
but other than that pretty cool tab :D

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

I still say the Sprint GT3 is a great buy for $50 out the door. I like the IR blaster which works well, I like the ability to increase the storage with a micro SD card, the display is good enough for me and I am finding more utility compared to the old 7.0 plus tab I sold to get the GT3. The Sprint version is a better buy spec wise compared to the WiFi only version even with the added data plan. I see the comments on some of the threads knocking the GT3 and my response to that is if you don't like it don't buy it. Go buy a Nexus.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

I definitely agree with that! :thumbup:

Sent From My Galaxy Tab 3

ramurphyjr

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

I have had the Sprint Tab 3 with 2GB data plan for about 2 months. I have been pleasantly surprised by the quality of the screen and the responsiveness of the tablet. I have added a 32GB sd card, and I am happy with over 42GB of storage. The sound is good enough, however, I also purchased the Jawbone Jambox - Amazon.com: Jawbone JamBox (Black Diamond): Cell Phones & Accessories.

The case I purchased is serving me well. - Amazon.com: Fintie Folio Hardback Leather Case with Built-in Stand for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 inch Tablet (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty) - Red: Computers & Accessories

The screen protector has been good, too - Amazon.com: Tech Armor Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 - 7" Premium Antiglare & Antifingerprint Screen Protector with Lifetime Replacement Warranty [3-PACK] - Retail Packaging: Computers & Accessories

I am pleased with this tablet!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

I have had the Sprint Tab 3 with 2GB data plan for about 2 months. I have been pleasantly surprised by the quality of the screen and the responsiveness of the tablet. I have added a 32GB sd card, and I am happy with over 42GB of storage. The sound is good enough, however, I also purchased the Jawbone Jambox - Amazon.com: Jawbone JamBox (Black Diamond): Cell Phones & Accessories.

The case I purchased is serving me well. - Amazon.com: Fintie Folio Hardback Leather Case with Built-in Stand for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 inch Tablet (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty) - Red: Computers & Accessories

The screen protector has been good, too - Amazon.com: Tech Armor Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 - 7" Premium Antiglare & Antifingerprint Screen Protector with Lifetime Replacement Warranty [3-PACK] - Retail Packaging: Computers & Accessories

I am pleased with this tablet!

My son already scratched the screen, but I definitely am looking for a nice screen protector.
How good is the one you have?

pre1561

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

My wifey & I have one, there not bad, there are better tabs out there but they might not have cell conection. Wait if you can there is SUPPOSED to be a new better batch comming out this quarter, but don't hold me to that, I just read it somewhere. Some of them are SUPPOSED to be going to carrier 's. If Sprint gets a better one I'm going to give mine to my daughter & get me the better one. If it's at all true.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

My wifey & I have one, there not bad, there are better tabs out there but they might not have cell conection. Wait if you can there is SUPPOSED to be a new better batch comming out this quarter, but don't hold me to that, I just read it somewhere. Some of them are SUPPOSED to be going to carrier 's. If Sprint gets a better one I'm going to give mine to my daughter & get me the better one. If it's at all true.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
This is my first "Connected Device" and I've kinda become used to the mobile data capability. I've had Data Cards and MiFi devices in the past but this is different. I'm contemplating a Sprint Chromebook if such an option presents its self.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

This is my first "Connected Device" and I've kinda become used to the mobile data capability. I've had Data Cards and MiFi devices in the past but this is different. I'm contemplating a Sprint Chromebook if such an option presents its self.

I'm with you on that. 👍😃

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

An update from me. After over a month now with the Sprint Tab 3 it's holding up well. A few weeks after getting it Sprint turned on LTE here in my small town in Southeast OH. Now I'm not sure the 2GB plan is enough! Not that it uses more data, but I use the Tab more and more on the go just to enjoy LTE. lol.

Sent from my Sprint Tab 3

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

An update from me. After over a month now with the Sprint Tab 3 it's holding up well. A few weeks after getting it Sprint turned on LTE here in my small town in Southeast OH. Now I'm not sure the 2GB plan is enough! Not that it uses more data, but I use the Tab more and more on the go just to enjoy LTE. lol.

Sent from my Sprint Tab 3

Hehehe 👍😉

denschwindt

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

I have a sprint gtab 3.7.0 and I love it. Its pretty fast, resolution seems good, clear clean picture, it has decent capacity & memory. Im glad I got it, I got the $49.99 deal and im saving 10/month now also.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

I have a sprint gtab 3.7.0 and I love it. Its pretty fast, resolution seems good, clear clean picture, it has decent capacity & memory. Im glad I got it, I got the $49.99 deal and im saving 10/month now also.

What do you mean by saving $10 per month?

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm actually saving $5 / month because I dropped tethering from my phone for $20 in place of the 2gB/month tablet plan for $15 /month. A very good decision for my needs.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

You can leave it plugged in as long as you want it won't over charge. The device controla this.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

I was just using it about 5 minutes ago and ran it down to 4%, I plugged it in and then switched over to my nexus 7, and that is what I'm typing this on right now:)

I usually try to charge it when I get down to between 5 and 10%. One thing I hate is that at 5% the screen automatically dims all the way down to conserve power. I would say as a General rule try not to go below 5%

xmostwanted559x

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site

I was just using it about 5 minutes ago and ran it down to 4%, I plugged it in and then switched over to my nexus 7, and that is what I'm typing this on right now:)

I usually try to charge it when I get down to between 5 and 10%. One thing I hate is that at 5% the screen automatically dims all the way down to conserve power. I would say as a General rule try not to go below 5%

Ill so that since I hear horror stories about unit not turning on if they run battery dead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress