Galaxy Tab 3 7" - Is it a good tablet????

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Sorry about your SD card. Have you checked it in a computer or have you tried to reformat it?

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

I've tried a variety of recovery methods, it is quite toasted. Dunno what exactly happened, but I'm suspecting heat damage. I push my S4 quite hard, and the top of it gets quite warm, in fact, pretty darned hot, sometimes.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I've tried a variety of recovery methods, it is quite toasted. Dunno what exactly happened, but I'm suspecting heat damage. I push my S4 quite hard, and the top of it gets quite warm, in fact, pretty darned hot, sometimes.

Wow! :eek::(

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
One of my big uses is as a media player, for which it is very well suited. Having the control widget on the home screen when playing is terrific, and I just Aux it into my truck stereo and go. I do wish they'd upgrade it to pick up Screen Mirroring capabilities.

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I do wish they'd upgrade it to pick up Screen Mirroring capabilities.

Damn I thought it did this. And I have a miracast receiver on the way from Amazon. Oh well, should still work on my Q10 and Dell Venue 8 Pro.

I use it in the car for streaming Netflix though for my son to watch on trips. I pump the audio through a BlackBerry Music Gateway into the car stereo.

Posted from the Android Central App via my BlackBerry Q10!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
One of my big uses is as a media player, for which it is very well suited. Having the control widget on the home screen when playing is terrific, and I just Aux it into my truck stereo and go. I do wish they'd upgrade it to pick up Screen Mirroring capabilities.

Yup, I also connect it to my truck.
I'm with you on the mirroring capabilities. :):thumbup:

Sent From My Galaxy Tab 3

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I almost caved in just for the unique color and bundle as my neighbor bought that same limited edition bundle for the Tab 2. Everything is the same color aside from a black power supply brick included in the box with the Tab 2 limited edition.

I was the one who set it all up for him and aside from the deep metallic finish that really stands out but since I already have a white Tab 3, I held off despite a really tempting bundle.

I'm still hoping to see KitKat on the WiFi Tab 3 soon as this is now my daily workhorse and despite the nice impulse buy price on the HSN bundle, I have all the same gear with my white Tab 3 7.0 and spent a bit more, I really feel I've gotten my money's worth considering the budget minded design of the WiFi Tab 3 7.0"

A quick question though.

Does the LTE model really have a major jump in performance to consider a purchase of one after owning the WiFi version of the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0

I just got my preorder call for the Galaxy S5 last night so I may keep it or review it and then sell it online and stick with my iPhone 5 with that money. Then the thought came...

What and when might be inside the possible Galaxy Tab 4?

Anyone willing to hazard a guess? I'd love to see a usable camera (5MP minimum with autofocus and a flash. Hopefully with the same live filters and effects that were on the Galaxy S3 phone with HDR) to take and share quality auction photos and upload to Dropbox or email to potential clients.

16GB minimum storage on device with 2GB of RAM while retaining the MicroSD expansion slot, pre-loaded with Android "Kit Kat" 4.4.4 being an absolute must.

The Tab 4 specs are a realistic wish list and would have me considering an upgrade if such a device was accessible at the same price point of the current Tab 3

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 3 via tin cans and string.

The LTE is a big jump in horsepower, much bigger than a mere 50% clock bump. About 2x-3x more performance in many benchmarks, single tests jumping as high as 6x. You can max out Bard's Tale and most of the newer games too. Truly great battery, 50% longer in games than the 2013 Nexus 7...about equal or possibly better than the wifi model in that area too. Snapdragon 400's cores are much newer tech than the PXA986. It also has 1.5GB RAM, 16GB ROM (3/4 usable?) And the same screen, cameras and speakers. Android 4.2.2 with App2SD and Multi Window multitasking.

And in many cases, cheap or even free...albeit the cheapest data plan (more a placeholder) is $5/mo unless they finally got shed of it.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
The LTE is a big jump in horsepower, much bigger than a mere 50% clock bump. About 2x-3x more performance in many benchmarks, single tests jumping as high as 6x. You can max out Bard's Tale and most of the newer games too. Truly great battery, 50% longer in games than the 2013 Nexus 7...about equal or possibly better than the wifi model in that area too. Snapdragon 400's cores are much newer tech than the PXA986. It also has 1.5GB RAM, 16GB ROM (3/4 usable?) And the same screen, cameras and speakers. Android 4.2.2 with App2SD and Multi Window multitasking.

And in many cases, cheap or even free...albeit the cheapest data plan (more a placeholder) is $5/mo unless they finally got shed of it.

Indeed! 🙌

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with the home button? More times than not, when I press hold it now to pull up the task switcher when I release it I'm returned to the home screen. Pretty annoying. It worked flawless when I 1st got it.

The home button on my S4 Mini seems to have much better travel than on the Tab 3.

Posted via AC App from my S4 mini WITH an LED CrackLight ;-)

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with the home button? More times than not, when I press hold it now to pull up the task switcher when I release it I'm returned to the home screen. Pretty annoying. It worked flawless when I 1st got it.

The home button on my S4 Mini seems to have much better travel than on the Tab 3.

I think I've noticed that once or twice on mine.
But since my 4 year old boy uses that GT3 more then anyone else, I thought he must've broken it.

I haven't really look more into it. So at this time I'm not sure if that's hardware or software malfunction.

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I think I've noticed that once or twice on mine.
But since my 4 year old boy uses that GT3 more then anyone else, I thought he must've broken it.

I haven't really look more into it. So at this time I'm not sure if that's hardware or software malfunction.

I'm thinking hardwear but hoping software. Especially since it's slated for kitkat.

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I think you should just get it replaced because my tab has KitKat and everything runs very quickly and works flawless!!!

Posted via the Android Central App