Not downloading files....

Stacey2807

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have had this tablet for good few months now but recently it has stopped downloading files. When I want to download a pdf for example it comes up at the bottom of screen 'Starting Download..'. It use to have a symbol in top bar saying it is downloading but no longer is therefore it doesn't download. I even check adobe and downloads to see if it's there and it's not. May have to reset it but thought I'll ask on here first :) I have no problems downloading apps from play store.
Any help much appreciated,
Stacey

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you know if you disabled the Download Manager at some point? Go to your App Manager or Settings>Apps>All, scroll all the way down, and see if Download Manager is among the Disabled apps. If so, tap it, then tap Enable.

If you have Android 4.3, there may be a separate Disabled category under Settings>Apps.

Stacey2807

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
It was enabled so I disabled it, enabled it then restarted the device but hasn't worked :/ I have version 4.2.2 Where can I find the update to new version, maybe that'll work?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try a system cache partition wipe. This will not clear any personal data or settings. Follow these instructions, but instead of selecting "wipe data," make sure you select "wipe cache partition." When complete, select "reboot system now."

Posted via Android Central App

ckarteek

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi, even I have same problem please help me.

My mobile recently it has stopped downloading files. When I want to download any app or any file for example it comes up at the bottom of screen 'Starting Download..'. It use to have a symbol in top bar saying it is downloading but no longer is therefore it doesn't download. So it is not downloading any thing.

I tried all above mentioned methods but dint solved.
Help me...

rawkusx

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I encountered this problem today, and pulled it up in the application manager. Then I clicked "Force Stop" and attempted to download a file and everything started working like normal. I did not have to disable/reenable or clear the cache.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brownsjames