Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8". Files on SD card being deleted on restart/power off/on.

kalanaka

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Evertime I power on my tab or i restart it, all my saved files on my micro SD card is gone. The main folders are still there but all sub-menus and contents are gone. Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you certain the files are gone? Samsung devices tend to have issues with SD card integration, so it may be that the device is losing track of the files, rather than deleting them. What happens if you Unmount the card (in the Settings>Storage menu), remove the card, and insert it into your computer--are the files present?

orion430

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I had a problem with a new Asus memo HD7 similar to yours. Any music playlists using music stored on the micro SD emptied the playlists when the device was turned off. This also happened to a replacement Asus. The Tab 3.8.0 I changed it for has been perfect using the same card (Sandisk) even when I add files to the card.

Posted via Android Central App

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I suggest a 'pro' card or the genuine Samsung from a reputable seller. Their devices break cheap cards. Try something that's been proven in a device like the GoPro Hero 3

xmostwanted559x

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I suggest a 'pro' card or the genuine Samsung from a reputable seller. Their devices break cheap cards. Try something that's been proven in a device like the GoPro Hero 3

I been lurking s4 forums and I guess s4 phones has a problem with corrupt files from sd card. Is that a phone only problem or tablet also

Posted via Android Central App

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
More the premium devices I think it became a bigger problem starting with the S III?

Not dead sure on this, but for roughly two years or more they've been gaining a reputation as card killers. Well there is a parallel to the HD Hero 3 sport camera. So either a pro card from bhphotovideo or similar, or a Genuine Samsung from Newegg/Tigerdirect/whatever. The markets on Amazon and eBay are flooded with fake cards that mostly comprise a defective 4GB class 4 chip that's been rebranded on the surface and reprogrammed to report a 32GB or 64GB capacity. The device will accept writes and make entries in its file table, but the files will return an error when you try to access them.

Depending the counterfeit some cards will appear empty again when you unmount/remount them or restart your device. Some cards work as class 4 4GB for a while, some burn out completely in a few days. You may have a fake card or a badly defective chip in the card. Try plugging it into a computer and testing it further.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non