Printing without router

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I you do not have a wireless router but have a hotspot service, can you print to a wireless printer without the router?

I believe your Printer will have to be hooked up to the Internet to use it as a remote printer. You may be able to connect your printer to your router with a cable, one of my old printers did this.
Not sure about newer printers, since all my newer printers have connected to a wireless router

Search for Google Cloud print on Google Play. There are many apps that allow you to print to a wireless printer through Google Cloud.
I use Printer Share, the free version will allow you to print this way for free.

But there are many options available through Google Play, try them all and choose which ever fits your needs.

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Just do a Google search for Wifi direct printer. There are a bunch of them now. If you need a portable printer you can still find the Canon IP100 on Amazon . That's the one I use and it is great. You'll need the Bluetooth module for that one and a program from the Play Store called PrinterShare Pro. Most of the wifi direct printers appear to have their own apps for printing from your device so for the most part you shouldn't need PrinterShare for them.

If you have a wireless hotspot that can act as a router. If your current printer is wifi capable all you will need to do is the normal setup procedure with your computer so that it recognizes the network your hotspot creates then from then on you'll be able to access it with your Android. You will need. PrinterShare Pro one again to actually print from the phone if you go that route.

If your current printer is Cloudshare compatible you could also go that route with the hotspot but you will need a data connection to print even for local printing. Once again you will need a computer to setup the printer initially. Keep in mind with that option you are actual routing the print job thru Google so if you are not comfortable with that it's not the way you want to go, though I doubt security is and issue.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress