Sprint Galaxy Tab 3 Wifi Issue

aadelman

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey All,

I ran into an issue today with my Tab 3 wifi. We have an open network here at work where any employee can connect and stream music, videos, etc. Until today, I had no issues with my Tab 3 connecting. Today, when the Tab went through the wifi connect process, it found the network (Strong connection), connected, tested the connection, and then disconnected saying "Internet not available". I switched off the auto network switch which allowed the Tab to connect and not be disconnected. However, when I try to go to the internet, it says that it is not available (to any url) - it takes about 1 minute to come with this error. I know this not to be the case because I connected to the same wifi just fine with my Galaxy S4.

Does anyone have any insight as to why I can connect just fine with my S4, but not with my Tab 3?

Thanks in advance.

Allan

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does the problem persist if you reboot your tablet? Have you tried "forgetting" the company network, then reconnecting?

Sideman1

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Just a thought, and might not be the cause of your issue, but check that the date and time are set correctly. This can cause some types of connection issues.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Does the problem persist if you reboot your tablet? Have you tried "forgetting" the company network, then reconnecting?

I agree with both of these suggestions. Sometimes a simple reboot will fix the issue. I have the Tab 3 7.0 and usually that does the trick.

xmostwanted559x

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Dont mean to **** in but I have question on 2ifi as well. Not sure but all my devices at the house reaches over 14mps on speedtest but my tab 3 cant go over 10 much

My internet is 18mps and on my laptop it reaches kver 20mps

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There are a number of things to try:

1. Try rebooting the router.
2. Go into the router's settings and change it to "N" only (the performance can be a little decreased if it's in mixed "B/G/N" mode).
3. Use a program like InSSIDer for your computer to see what wi-fi channels your router is using, and what channels your neighbors' routers are using. If your router is using a channel that is congested, performance can degrade.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
...and sometimes it is limkted by device performance. Do you have the wifi only model? I will post back my Speedtest numbers when I get home.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Dont mean to **** in but I have question on 2ifi as well. Not sure but all my devices at the house reaches over 14mps on speedtest but my tab 3 cant go over 10 much

My internet is 18mps and on my laptop it reaches kver 20mps

Posted via Android Central App

Pull down menu, tap and hold wifi, tap the active router connected and note your "link speed" to see the size of router connection. 19mb for example you're lucky to get 10 in Speedtest.

Speedtest app for me is reporting 15-25 ping, 28-32mb, 5mb under best conditions with a generic router and 30mb cable connection. Worst case inside house 35-45 ping, 4-7mb, 4-5mb. Not bad I think.