kit Kat update for Tab 3 8.0 wifi

kevinx

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Morning people.

KitKat for the Galaxy Tab3 8" (4.4.2kitkat) is NOW available for download in the UK and Portugal (250614)

I DIDN'T get a notification this morning, but I simply went Settings>About Device>Software update>Check for update, and there it was.

693Mb ready for download.

Enjoy

NB/
I believed that the Camera would be available from the lock/front screen, and also that "Okay Google" command would be available from the home scree. Neither of these are so :-(

Anyway...

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Morning people.

KitKat for the Galaxy Tab3 8" (4.4.2kitkat) is NOW available for download in the UK and Portugal (250614)

I DIDN'T get a notification this morning, but I simply went Settings>About Device>Software update>Check for update, and there it was.

693Mb ready for download.

Enjoy

NB/
I believed that the Camera would be available from the lock/front screen, and also that "Okay Google" command would be available from the home scree. Neither of these are so :-(

Anyway...

I haven't got it yet here in NY.

kevinx

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Don't know what the "roll out" schedule is Brosko. Samsung will not release any information.
It was released to our "French neighbours" last week, and finally arrived here (and Portugal) today.

Anyway.. You've got Google Glass! ;-))

Simon Park

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I haven't got it yet im in US I been checking everyday though.

Got my update this morning in Chicago. The apps stored on the SD card were missing the icon, but removing the app from the home screen and then putting it back fixed and it.

apps still work from the SD card.
The touch screen is glitchy.

Last edited:

kgragert

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded the French version from SamMobile last week and installed on my US tab.
The only problem of course was 4.4.2 screws up the use of the ExtSD card. I rerooted and installed the app from Google Play to restore full use of the ExtSd.

No Problems yet

Simon Park

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
OK. I've had KitKat on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 for over a day now and here are the pros and cons.

Pros: None

Cons: it's slower, screen freezes, touch interface doesn't always work. Some apps don't work from the SD card.

Wish I'd never updated it.

orion430

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Well after seeing the start of this thread I updated my Tab 3.8.0 which took 45 minutes but I dont have time to play with it too much as its 1.00 am here in the UK. It did drop my battery level from 86% to 27% after the install but turning Tab off and on again resumed battery level. Will have time to play tomorrow so will report back then with any problems but none at present.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699