need help putting dvd movies on my samsung galaxy tab 3 (7.0) so i can watch them later

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
HI everyone! i am new to this forum. I have a samsung galaxy tab 3 7.0 SM-T210R. I have the samsung galaxy s4 as well. I am trying to convert my movies that i have on dvd, to a format that i can watch it on my galaxy tab 3. I was able to do it with my samsung galaxy 4 by watching the movies i converted years ago for my motorola photon. I have downloaded so many programs and tried and convert the video and than everytime i try to watch it on my samsung galaxy tab 3, i get the error: Cannot play video. Sorry, this video cannot be played. ok.
Like i said, i have been able to do it for my samsung galaxy s4 but i just cant figure out this tab. I have a 64gb micro sd card and i would like to store some of my favorite movies to view later when i want. i have even tried the best players and i just cant figure out the right settings ans what program to use! Please help!! Thank you very much in advance!! ~melinda~:'(

depechemodegurl

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
HI everyone! i am new to this forum. I have a samsung galaxy tab 3 7.0 SM-T210R. I have the samsung galaxy s4 as well. I am trying to convert my movies that i have on dvd, to a format that i can watch it on my galaxy tab 3. I was able to do it with my samsung galaxy 4 by watching the movies i converted years ago for my motorola photon. I have downloaded so many programs and tried and convert the video and than everytime i try to watch it on my samsung galaxy tab 3, i get the error: Cannot play video. Sorry, this video cannot be played. ok.
Like i said, i have been able to do it for my samsung galaxy s4 but i just cant figure out this tab. I have a 64gb micro sd card and i would like to store some of my favorite movies to view later when i want. i have even tried the best players and i just cant figure out the right settings ans what program to use! Please help!! Thank you very much in advance!! ~melinda~:'(
Try getting the mx player from the playstore. It plays tons of video formats. It's a great player and I don't think you'll need to convert your files, just put them on and see if it plays them. That will be tons easier.. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad [URL]

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I have tried the MX player and it still wouldn't play. From what i have seen from different posts that i have come across the last 2 days, is there is something about the encryption of the video that samsung tab 3 won't let me play it? So i think i need to find a program to convert it to a format it will play on the samsung galaxy tab 3. I just havent found it yet!

DanPackMan

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Be sure to also install the MX player codec packs.

Raw DVD files are quite big to put on the tablet anyway, so best to convert to H264 MKV files. Use Handbrake.

There are plenty of guides out there.

Last edited:

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I use Video Catalyst (Video Catalyst). It costs $10 but if you plan to convert a lot of movies so that you can play them on your GT 3 7.0, the price is well worth it IMO. One of the features I especially like is that you can optimize conversions for the specific device on which you intend to view the movie. I happen to have 2 tablets (GT 3 8.0 and Galaxy Note 10.1) and my phone (S4) so I can create a file that's best to view on each device. BTW, I checked and this feature is available for the GT 3 7.0.

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Would like to apologize for recommending avsforum previously. It's been awhile since I dabbled in this type of activity so forgot that the best places to go for help on DVD copying things is afterdawn or doom9.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi! Thank you. I realized one of my problems was the fact that i wasn't breaking the encryption. I use one click dvd pro to make backup copies of movies for my daughter and that has a dvd43 plugin built in. I ran my dvd's thru that and than i would run the folder that has the VOB and IFO files in it, thru the tools4movies video catalyst, the paid version. I can't watch those videos on my samsung galaxy tab3 7.0 (model: SM-T210R). I have tried just about every video player you can download in the app store, and i just cant get this to work. I have tried every preset on tools4movies catalyst for the samsung galaxy tab3 7.0 and all i ever get is the following error:
Cannot play video
Sorry, this video cannot be played.
OK

But, i can play the converted videos from the tools4movies catalyst program, on my samsung galaxy s4 smartphone! So i don't know what i am doing wrong! But i will check out the other 2 forums you listed above, and see if i can get some where with it. Thank you very much for your help! I truly appreciate it! ~melinda~

emma24xia

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi Melinda, is your sd card FAT32 formatted? Most Android tablets and smartphones cannot play movies or videos that are above 4GB because SD card has limits on file size. You need double check the file size and file format as well.

Kathy Shaw

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Several reasons would cause this error. For example, the video type is not accpected by Galaxy Tab 3, or the video size is over 4GB which is the limitation for SD card that is FAT32 formatted.
You may import a smalled video and check if your samsung galaxy Tab can play it or not.

James Pulla

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Wrll if you dont care about he size of thw fike you can use dvd shrink on your pc to backup your dvd movies you own in a folder, then transfer the entire folder to your tablet or its sd card, and then use wondershare player to reproduce them. You will have all the menus, the extra features, etc, unless you remove them when making the backup

ChrisHawkOKC

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
I believe I have solved the issue. I too was having the same problem you were, except with a Galaxy Tab 4. What I got to work was relatively simple. What I did was format the SD card with the tablet, then power down and take out the SD card. Then I use an SD card and plug it into my laptop. I take the movie that I converted with Freemake Video Converter, but I assume almost any converter to samsung mp4 would work, and I use the laptop to transfer the move to the SD. So instead of transferring the movie through the tablet to the SD, transfer it directly. Then I put the SD back in the tablet and power it up, and everything has worked so far.

Let me know if this works for you too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non