Tab 3 to PC connection?

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I found a cable that can attach my Tab 3 to my PC. PC has win10.

The Tab will charge from the USB port but I also want to tranfer pictures off the Tab to the PC.

What's the magic sauce to make that work?

Thanks, cvt

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If the computer won't recognize the device using that USB cable, try a different one. Some cables are only used for charging, not data transfer.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
What do you mean :" Found cable " ? Your charging cable can use to transfer data but you need to turn on USB debugging in Developer Option.
About Device, tap on Build Number 5 or 6 times to turn on Developer Option. Then connect to your PC, you should access to your table's folders, the DCIM folder is where your pictures stored.

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
We have had this tablet since we got the AT&T account and hadn't used it much. I took it out and did not see a USB cable with it but found one that came with a Garmin GPS.

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
What puzzles me is that I didn't have reset anything with my Note 3 phone. Plug it in and the PC sees it (as a storage device) thats what I expected with the Tab 3 as well.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You shouldn't have to turn on USB Debugging just to connect the phone to the PC and use Windows Explorer to manage your files.

The USB cable with the Garmin may very well have been a charge-only cable, since the Garmin probably had no use for a data-transfer cable. Those GPS devices often rely on an SD card, rather than onboard storage.

Last edited:

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I got the win 8.1 driver from Samsung. Installed it and restarted.
Now the tablet displays "media device" and I can see the folders with Windows explorer.