Can't embed links in stock email

tiggrev

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if others are experiencing this, but any emails I send from the GT7.0 with links in the message body arrive at OTHER devices as plain text and the links are not clickable. And I mean ALL other devices, including my EVO 4G, Transformer, Kindle Fire, and various PCs.

Even more odd, when those same messages arrive on the tab (I send a Bcc of emails back to my default email account) the link is clickable. It's as if the Gtab formats outgoing messages in a way that only it can recognize... :confused:

I tried another email app (Enhanced Email) and it behaves the same way, so apparently this is a bug in the way Honeycomb on the Samsung tab encodes outgoing HTML messages. My Asus TF running HC 3.2.1 doesn't have this problem.

Ideas?

Oh, and BTW my tab got its first OTA firmware update last night: HTJ85B-UEKL1
(Didn't fix anything I could detect...)

tiggrev

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
K9 email does work (embedded links are clickable), but I prefer the layout and UI of the stock email app. I hope Samsung fixes this rather glaring bug in an update or when ICS hits.

Anyway, thanks for the tip. For now I'll just pull up K9 when I need to share a link.

grantheppes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
K9 email does work (embedded links are clickable), but I prefer the layout and UI of the stock email app. I hope Samsung fixes this rather glaring bug in an update or when ICS hits.

Anyway, thanks for the tip. For now I'll just pull up K9 when I need to share a link.

No problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress