Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung tab 3 charging problems

I have a tab 3 and it charges at home ok but it won't charge in my coach (24v) system but all cigarette lighter adapters work on 12/24v nowadays I have a note 2 and that charges in the coach fine
    HELP PLEASE

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Samsung tab 3 charging problems

Are you using the same charger at home? If not, have you checked the current output of the coach charger? Tablets draw more current than phones (yeah, even phablets). That's why most USB ports will not power a tablet but have no issues in charging phones, albeit slowly. I believe the minimum rating you need to charge the tablet is 750mA (but I might be wrong and it might be 1A)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I've tried a usb lead with a cigarette lighter end that wouldn't charge at all then a full car charger with coiled lead and that lit up the power symbol but wouldn't charge

Posted via Android Central App

Again, it's gotta be something with the Amp current. If it's too low, it will 'charge', but ever so slowly or not even enough to even keep the screen on. If your tablet charges with a 'regular' wall charger, chances are the problem is not in the tablet but in the car charger you're using.