Every few minutes an unknown message

bonoboss66

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Dear all. Every few (3?) Minutes my tab gives an acoustic message. Kind of default tune. I can't find the reason why. Checked all settings, apps etc. In the display nothing is showed. I'm getting crazy!!! Please help me. With kind regards, Eric.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Normally I would suspect NFC, but it looks like the Tab Pro 10.1 doesn't have an NFC chip. Yahoo Mail is a frequent culprit in these situations--do you have it installed?

bonoboss66

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello Golfdriver97. Thanks for your response. Have FB installed but with automatic updates. Update the last time yesterday so should be no problem. Or did i understand you wrong? Greetings from The Netherlands

Sent from my SM-T520 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello Golfdriver97. Thanks for your response. Have FB installed but with automatic updates. Update the last time yesterday so should be no problem. Or did i understand you wrong? Greetings from The Netherlands

Sorry, I was trying to suggest that what you may have been hearing is Facebook.

Signed, a Nexus 5, AC forums app, and Android L.

SAMmarked1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I have had this happen and it was my email was not using the right password. It kept asking me to sign in to my email account and would chime.

Posted via Android Central App

bonoboss66

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Thnx SamMarked1. Just solved the problem. It was ; give reminder at unread messages. Even though, thnx for your efforts.