Galaxy Perks

addicted2tech

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I finally grabbed myself one of these on Sunday, and I'm still getting used to it/figuring it out (coming from an iPad 1). I've registered my device (and logged into samsung apps). However I never received an email about the google play credit (from perks). I got the dropbox one, but that was it. If I try to log in via the website on my laptop it always says my password is wrong and I have to reset it, once in it shows the device as registered.

I've contacted Samsung and they've told me it'll take 7 business days to receive the email. Did everyone else have to wait this long or have any problems?

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
That's odd. I received my perks email minutes after I signed in. That's was yesterday. I never got a Dropbox one though but that is probably because I'm on a 50 gb free for 2 yea r s already.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

addicted2tech

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I got the dropbox one immediately, and it somehow goofed up and gave me 96 gb free. If I haven't gotten the email by the end of the week (which I don't think I will) I guess I'll contact them again.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I finally grabbed myself one of these on Sunday, and I'm still getting used to it/figuring it out (coming from an iPad 1). I've registered my device (and logged into samsung apps). However I never received an email about the google play credit (from perks). I got the dropbox one, but that was it. If I try to log in via the website on my laptop it always says my password is wrong and I have to reset it, once in it shows the device as registered.

I've contacted Samsung and they've told me it'll take 7 business days to receive the email. Did everyone else have to wait this long or have any problems?

I had the same issue. I never received the perks email. I contacted support and they had me do the following:

1) Go to Settings > Accounts > Touch Samsung Account > Touch the email address > Touch remove account. (If there is no Samsung account listed just go to the next step).

2) Reboot the tablet.

3) Open Samsung apps via the icon and sign in.

After following these steps, I received my perks email within a few minutes. Hopefully that'll work for you too.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue. I never received the perks email. I contacted support and they had me do the following:

1) Go to Settings > Accounts > Touch Samsung Account > Touch the email address > Touch remove account. (If there is no Samsung account listed just go to the next step).

2) Reboot the tablet.

3) Open Samsung apps via the icon and sign in.

After following these steps, I received my perks email within a few minutes. Hopefully that'll work for you too.

I was given the same instructions, but unfortunately it didn't work for me.

Posted via Android Central App

addicted2tech

May 31, 2011
Visit site
It took 2 tries and it worked, thanks. I had to reset my account password again, for some reason it keeps 'changing' it. It's a bit frustrating. Don't plan on logging out of samsung apps ever again.

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I was given the same instructions, but unfortunately it didn't work for me.

Posted via Android Central App

I had to delete my Gmail account first as my Samsung is the same. Prior to that, I was not given the option to delete Samsung under accounts. Followed the same instructions from above, email hit within minutes.

Posted from Moto X via Android Central App

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
It took 2 tries and it worked, thanks. I had to reset my account password again, for some reason it keeps 'changing' it. It's a bit frustrating. Don't plan on logging out of samsung apps ever again.

When I first tried to log back into Samsung Apps, it said my password was incorrect even though it was working fine on Samsung.com. So I reset it to the same password and then I was able to log in. Very strange.

Dima Habenko

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Question,

Can I apply different perks separately to any different account I'd like or are they all tied to the account that was used to register tablet? In other words, can I split perks between few accounts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty