Question [Solved]Why is face not recognized on S24+ when logging in?

schernof

Mar 9, 2024
Visit site
I've registered my face without glasses and my fingerprints. The screen only shows a fingerprint login option. How do I make it use a face to login?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Do you wear glasses? If so have you registered your face both with and without them?

I'd suggest registering your face again in good light and with and without your glasses if you wear glasses. Maybe turn on brighten screen in darkness and try an alternative appearance. I have brighten screen off because mine works without it on.
View attachment 360793

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've registered my face without glasses and my fingerprints. The screen only shows a fingerprint login option. How do I make it use a face to login?
You should see a animation around the camera screen and it will show a message if failed
Examples:
9868fb82ffefd7fbac171a6eb33c7c19.jpg

Reactions: jtfwTX

schernof

Mar 9, 2024
Visit site
*** Issue Solved ***

Background

1. I first set up face recognition.

2. I had intentionally set up my lock screen login to return to the screen I was looking at prior to locking the phone as follows:
Go to Settings | Security and privacy | Biometrics | Face Recognition (log in required) | Turn off Stay on Lock screen until swipe.​

Symptoms

3. I was never seeing any message that my face was not recognized when trying to log in.

4. Through trial and error, I noticed that double-tapping on the home screen took me directly to the screen I was looking at prior to locking the phone. That meant that my face was being recognized!

5. I did a Google Search for this phenomenon and saw that there was a double-tap gesture to turn the display on. I also saw where it is controlled.
Go to Settings | Advanced features | Motions and gestures.
Turn off Double tap to turn on screen.​

6. Now, when it recognizes my face during a lock screen login, it displays the last thing I was doing.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
*** Issue Solved ***

Background

1. I first set up face recognition.

2. I had intentionally set up my lock screen login to return to the screen I was looking at prior to locking the phone as follows:
Go to Settings | Security and privacy | Biometrics | Face Recognition (log in required) | Turn off Stay on Lock screen until swipe.​

Symptoms

3. I was never seeing any message that my face was not recognized when trying to log in.

4. Through trial and error, I noticed that double-tapping on the home screen took me directly to the screen I was looking at prior to locking the phone. That meant that my face was being recognized!

5. I did a Google Search for this phenomenon and saw that there was a double-tap gesture to turn the display on. I also saw where it is controlled.
Go to Settings | Advanced features | Motions and gestures.
Turn off Double tap to turn on screen.​

6. Now, when it recognizes my face during a lock screen login, it displays the last thing I was doing.
Ahh good find I use AOD probably why couldn't identify your issue

Reactions: Laura Knotek