The BEST value for money tablet!

Billy95Tech

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I think it is the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 is the best value for money tablet which you can get for very cheap about 200 pounds/euros now days and that makes it a bargain and is better(and more powerful) then tablets like the Nexus 7 in many many ways.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.4 is a very powerful and high end Android tablet that been released in February 2014 which is nearly 2 years ago and has a Snapdragon 800 CPU and 2GB of RAM and Android 4.4 Kitkat(not upgradeable to Lollipop unfortunately :( ) with the great TouchWiz layer on and has extra features like multi windows that the Nexus 7 does not have and has a bigger sceen 8.4 inches compared to very cramped 7 inch sceen that the Nexus 7 has which is way better for everything and is as portable as the Nexus 7 and the star feature of the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 is the very high resolution display of 2560x1600 which is just eye candy, the display it is just fantastic the videos, photos, text look soo soo good and the display is not as good on the Nexus 7 which is 1920 x 1200(still very good) and the build quality of the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 is way better then the Nexus 7 and the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 only has 16GB of internal storage but you can have more storage up to 64GB by putting in a micro SD card and the Nexus 7 have 16 and 32GB of internal storage but does not allow micro SD card to have more storage. :)

Despite being nearly 2 years old the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 still manages to play all the games on the Google Play Store even the very heavy demanding games like Gangster Vegas, Asphalt 8, GTA San Andreas lots more very well and handles very heavy demanding tasks like video editing, Office Productivity very well which is awesome. :)

The only bad thing i say about the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 is the battery life, to be honest it is poor the battery only last about 4/5 hours of sceen on time on normal use(web browsing, watching videos/movies, reading, lots more) and it will be even less if you are playing games it will be more like 3 hours on a single charge, i think it is because mostly is the CPU Snapdragon 800 is soo powerful and high resolution display(2560x1600) it drains the battery faster and if you leave it on standby then the battery will last a couple weeks. Which for the battery life i think the Nexus 7 has a better battery life because it has a less powerful CPU and not as high resolution display and for future software updates the Nexus 7 wins hands down!!

Overall if you are looking for a very powerful and high end Android tablet and you are on a budget and don't want to spend over more then 300/500 pounds, euros on a tablet then you can't go wrong with the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 which is way better value for money(for 200 pounds, euros makes it a bargain) and way better(and more powerful) then the Nexus 7 in many many ways!!!

The Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 along side(i think the) Nvidia Shield Tablet K1 and the Asus ZenPad S 8.0 are the best value for money tablets that you can buy at the moment!!! :D

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and i have been using since May 2014 and it is still in very good condition! :)

What do you think everyone?? What is the best value for money tablet do you think? Do you have a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 or a Nexus 7??

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a tab pro 8.4, and it is still a good device. Although, a Nexus 7 2013 us $100 on sale. Unfortunately 7" is a bit small for me

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I got a Tab Pro 8.4 for my mother, and she really enjoys using it. Excellent screen, nice sound, good performance.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Tab Pro 8.4 for a while now, and I love it. Great hi-res screen and fast processor. The only negative is that Samsung has appeared to have abandoned it with any future OSX upgrades.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
That could be a blessing in disguise, considering how common it is to read about update issues!

That's true. I updated my Nexus 7 tablet a few years ago and it ran like a dog. I plan to keep my Tab Pro with the current stock as long as I can since it works just fine for my needs.

Daz2014

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
The Nvidia K1 looks to be the best bang for your buck now,£150.
Without a lollipop update you're going to find app issues in the months ahead I would have thought.I had that on my Moto phone which only got as far as 4.4 Kitkat

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
[WARN]Lets keep the discussion civil please. If there is a problem with a post then please report it so the Mod team can take a look, attempting to resolve it yourself is not advisable.
Thanks.[/WARN]

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I would think that the large majority of apps on Google Play Store (especially the major, most popular apps) will remain compatible with KitKat for another couple of years or so. It's worth keeping in mind that the constant updates to Google Play Services help mitigate the fragmentation caused by multiple versions of Android that are out there.

Let's keep the conversation here cool.:cool: Words like "nonsense" are very much loaded terms. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana