Which Samsung Tablet should I get??? Any help???

agr1994

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phablet, and an iPad Mini 3G. I'm looking to replace the iPad with a Samsung Galaxy Tab (Just prefer Samsung completely) but not sure which to get and which size. Before the iPad mini I had a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Wifi. I Love the 3G feature as I am out a lot and want to keep that with the new tablet.
I've looked at all of the new Galaxy tabs and my short-list is pretty much the Galaxy Tab S 4G or the Galaxy Note 8.0. I can't make the decision whether to choose the Note or the S?
I also can't decide whether to choose the 8 inch S or the 10.5 S if I go down that route. I like taking my tablet everywhere with me which is better suited for the smaller tabs, but I also use them at home and do a lot of browsing, emailing and watch a lot of videos, which would make the larger tab more appealing?
Another thing to consider is the price of them which is always important.
Any help would be great! Thank you!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I would pick the Tab S line if you're absolutely positive you won't miss the S-Pen on the tablet. As for the size, that's up to your preferences. In my case, I'd prefer the 10.5 because, owning a Note 3 myself, just don't see the value on having a small 8in tablet; the difference is just not so much for me. But the 10.5 is just fine for me.

Actually, I own the Note 10.1 2014 and just got the Tab S, and still trying to decide if I keep the Tab S and sell the Note or if I stick to the Tab.

I know I miss the S-Pen, but the screen is soooo gorgeous on the Tab S! Plus, even though the body dimensions are not that different from the Note 10.1, the Tab S does have a noticeable increase in screen real estate and it feels so much lighter.

agr1994

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I've never actually had a full-sized tablet with the S-Pen feature so I'd have to have one before commenting! Never even actually had a go on one with an S-Pen thinking about it. Fair point about the screen size!
The screen's are gorgeous on most of the Samsungs to be fair! Lighter is always good as I carry it about.
I'm not sure, I love all the S Apps that come with the Stylus features. I use the scrapbooker on the Note 3 religiously for stuff like shopping - so handy! But then again, when I've looked at the Tab S - just looks so nice!
Price wise they're about the same am I correct the Note and S 10.1/5???

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, the 32GB version, a BestBuy exclusive, sells for the same as the Note 10.1 2014. You get better hardware and bigger screen on the Tab S, but you lose the S-Pen and the faux trimmed leather back.

The Tab S is thinner and lighter (so freakin' light it'll feel as if the weight doubles when you put a cover on it) and just a tad larger than the Note 10.1 2014.

Note taking with the S-Pen on the larger screen is a joy, to be honest. The Tab S also has the scrapbook app, you just don't use the S-Pen to clip things, you have to share something directly to it. Tough choice, huh? But I would wait to see which sales come up for Labor day. That might be enough to tip your decision. I don't expect the Tab S to go on sale, though, especially not the 32GB since BestBuy is the only one selling it.

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I too am in the market, and have been looking at the same cases. I even threw in the 12.2 Tab, since it was not much more. I even run the Note 3 as my personal phone. I will say that I am not worried about getting a 4G version, as the majority of the time, I am around Wi-Fi to some extent. And I think that I would rather turn the Note 3, into a Hotspot on the times that I need it, then to spend the extra money on a 4G version.

Obviously, if having the LTE/4G is important too you, that will narrow the decision down though. I just wish we knew more on when the new Nexus/HTC/whomever device will be released. Or what is up Samsungs sleeve. I really wonder if there are updates coming, with the prices down on the early 2014 Tab and Notes

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The only rumors I've heard about Samsung tablets coming down the line are just a 12 inch version of the Tab S. So I'd say it's safe to say the Tab S line is the top liner for the rest of the year at least hehe. Once you decide on your screen size, I'd go for the Note line if you need to keep the S-Pen but go for the Tab S otherwise. The SAMOLED screen will not disappoint.

agr1994

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I think that's the main thing is whether I'd miss the S-Pen and all the features that come with it. Price wise they seem to be similar. Maybe get better deals on the Note as it's older.

Such a tough choice! Ha!

Think it may be a case of going into a shop and physically having a go on them both if possible and see which I prefer!

Let me know which one you decide to keep! Be interesting to see your choice.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Does the Note 2014 come with a 3G/4G edition?
Yup, but you probably need to go to a carrier to get one of these, I'm not sure. I've always bought the WiFi only versions. If I ever need to use my tablet while not on WiFi, I'll just turn on my phone's hotspot and be done with it instead of paying the radio premium. The Tab S, it seems, does have a 4G version, but only for the 16GB version (which, in the end, you only have like 9G of free memory anyway).

agr1994

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Well I do have unlimited data on my Note 3 but not sure if it has a cap limit I would have to check. I've seen instances where people smash data thinking it's unlimited but it's capped!
Suppose the other option would be to get a portable wifi modem maybe??? Might work out cheaper than buying the 4G versions and then paying so much per month for the SIM in the Tablet.
Silly question I guess but if I were to buy a microSD card for memory would that help buying a smaller capacity tab do you think?

Sorry for all the questions haha I just wanna make a good decision!!!

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
While I don't have the Tab. I've had a 16 gig Kindle for some time. I've been fine with it but this issue is that you can't use it as a SSD or any real hard drive. Mainly it's there for you and holds the apps, music, or movies. But you'll have to load it onto the tablet to use it.

Which is where the 32 gig comes in handy. Less moving around, especially since all the bloatware, touchwiz, and os take up close to 7 gigs.

I really want the 32 just want Amazon to carry it since I have gift cards there.

Posted via Android Central App

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I would wait until they announce the note 4 because they could out of the blue come out with the note 10.1 2015 edition or something with AMOLED though I doubt it

Peaches36

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I bought the Wifi 32g Galaxy Note Pro to go with my Note 3. I have no regrets at all.. I don't really use my laptop since I got this bad girl.

From Peaches Galaxy Note 3

Ladybell

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Been facing the same questions for weeks. I have the Note 3. Love it. Samsung offers SO many tablets that it can be hard to choose. Came down to the 2014 edition note 10.1, iPad air or tab S for me. Much like another responder ... having the note 3 makes it tough to simply go with 7.0-8.4 screen. 12.2 for me is too large and i have a laptop for that need. This would be my first ever tablet purchase. I selected the Tab S. Literally .... 2 hours ago! The display is ridiculous. It's light weight. The option to add additional external storage, improved camera function and my inability to convert to apples limited customizations (even though I feel apples tablets are just purely solid) ... left the iPad air out of the running. The difference in processor between the note and tabs S is one factor I know is important but since I have no experience with either I chose based on size, feel and features. Opted for titanium bronze 32gb WiFi version. I have my note 3 for 3g and 4g needs.

I don't feel I will have any regrets. Seriously still playing like mad. Good luck with your decision. Just go with your gut on your needs and you will be fine!