New purchase!

jamie grice1

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,
I have just purchased the 4G model of this lovely looking tablet! Hopefully it'll be delivered tomorrow sometime.

My question is..... What cases do you guys use to look after your tablets? There are lots out there of varying prices, but wanted people's opinion on the best ones.

Thanks
Jamie

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My tablet rarely leaves my house which is mostly carpeted. So for me, I don't worry about a case. Something I did get is generic zipper case, and that works well for carrying to and from anywhere.

Mal Lignant Tumor

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
I've been using the Samsung cover, which allows for propping it up when open. Was about $60 list price, but used a Samsung discount to get it less. It pins to the back to hold it in place....excellent.

jamie grice1

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.

I may have gotten over excited and bought an official book cover from eBay for £20. Even if it turns out to be a but rubbish, at least it didn't cost £50!

jamie grice1

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
On a different note, what are people's thoughts on the tablet itself?

I've mainly bought it to watch movies and do some office type work when I'm out and about.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think the S should be an OK device. It has been out for a fair amount of time. But it might depend on what you want from it.

From my G4
Android Central Ambassador Team Leader

Tahoe916

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I also use the Samsung one. I really like it, it looks nice and snaps on rather having to wrap around the corners.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a few cases (Costco sold it with the small minimal cover) but prefer the Logitech Keyboard case although I don't use the keyboard all that often but the case provides very good protection and props it up as an easel stand and I can hold it with my fingers in the triangle it forms on my lap. Just returned from schlepping it around Europe for 3 weeks tightly stuffed in my suitcase or backpack and I felt it was very well protected.

As for media, I find its screen excellent and I can use it in Mirroring mode or whatever with my Samsung TV (cordless) and it is very nice (especially controlling it with a mouse).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty