Thinking about coming back?

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Wanted to get your opinion. I had almost every note from note 2 to note 10 except for note 5. I loved my time with Samsung but ventured away last year with the LG v60 dual screen. Thought it would be good to have two screens for productivity reasons. Got the v60 and it just wasn't as good an experience as the note series. Then when the duo dropped in price I chased that one. There again the two screens were nice but the software just wasn't as good as Samsung's. Anyway with the fold 3 now having spen functionality I am thinking of purchasing the fold 3.

Here is my question. Do you find that you still need a tablet with owning the fold3? Being that those two other non Samsung phones left me disappointed , I purchased the tab s7. If I decide on purchasing the fold 3 (used) I was going to sell the two phones and the tablet and basically just work off the fold3.

I don't game any and mostly use the phone for texts, calls, and YouTube. I do a little amount of productivity with Microsoft excel, one note, word and reading on Kindle. I am retired now so it is not an extensive amount of work in the microsoft apps. Might even sell my Surface pro 6. Would want to see how well the fold 3 works with the little productivity I do now.

Also, miss discussing samsung stuff with you guys. Been on this forum since note 2 I believe.

Anyway, thanks in advance for your opinions. Just really miss Samsung and my note phones!

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi there.

Can it replace a tablet? That depends. If you prefer larger form factor tablets, such as your Tab S7... you probably won't like it; it might not be big enough for you... though you may like the lower weight when holding it.

It's heavy for a phone, light for a tablet, even lighter than my recent Tab A 8.4.

I'm a HUGE small form factor guy, (see what I did there? I just kill me, lol). I've exclusively used small tablets since the Nexus 7. I've dabbled with larger tablets, and I just don't like them.

So for me, that's a big YES!! It completely serves as a tablet for me. I really couldn't be happier having only one device to cart around, and now I have my tablet when out and about as well, with no need for a separate data plan.

Like you, I don't game. I surf the web, watch videos, and read books & comics.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi there.

Can it replace a tablet? That depends. If you prefer larger form factor tablets, such as your Tab S7... you probably won't like it; it might not be big enough for you... though you may like the lower weight when holding it.

It's heavy for a phone, light for a tablet, even lighter than my recent Tab A 8.4.

I'm a HUGE small form factor guy, (see what I did there? I just kill me, lol). I've exclusively used small tablets since the Nexus 7. I've dabbled with larger tablets, and I just don't like them.

So for me, that's a big YES!! It completely serves as a tablet for me. I really couldn't be happier having only one device to cart around, and now I have my tablet when out and about as well, with no need for a separate data plan.

Like you, I don't game. I surf the web, watch videos, and read books & comics.
Yguideslou.

Thanks for responding. I appreciate the info. One thing is I hardly use my tab s7. At the moment I do almost everything on the duo. I will pick the tab s7 up every now and then but not much. I am thinking of cutting back on so many "toys" and wanting to basically have a "one device does all situation" The other reason for jumping back on samsung phone is Dex. There is nothing that compares with it. With a Bluetooth keyboard, mouse and large screen if I really want to do some heavy productivity I can do it through dex and the large screen. I don't know why I keep buying Samsung tablets. This was about my fourth one and I just don't use them much. Maybe I answered my own question because I find myself on my phone almost 95% of the time.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
The Fold3 certainly ticks my wants and needs boxes in both as a phone and as a phablet.

I have a Samsung Tab A (2016) and it just fills in when needed i.e when at home.

I'd say pop into a Samsung Experience Store or Network Highstreet Store and have hands on with the Fold3 to see what you think.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I got rid of my 12.9” 2020 iPad Pro. Replaced it with the Fold3. The Fold 3 is a small tablet and if that meets your needs you’ll love that its so portable. If you want a truly large screen you’ll find yourself cramped. That said, its a great device and I recommend it to those that have at least one other lighter, sturdier device.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
After owning fold3 my usage of Tab S7+ reduced a lot. Fold 3 is excellent multi tasking phablet and with Dex, I don't think I need tablet with larger canvas. I came from note 10+ and thought it is difficult to carry this around but the form factor made it more comfortable.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
The thing that the Fold has going for it is that you’d likely take it places your wouldn’t take a larger tablet just for convenience sake. So you’ll have that larger-than-candybar-phone display with you more often than you would a larger device and get to benefit from that.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
The Fold3 certainly ticks my wants and needs boxes in both as a phone and as a phablet.

I have a Samsung Tab A (2016) and it just fills in when needed i.e when at home.

I'd say pop into a Samsung Experience Store or Network Highstreet Store and have hands on with the Fold3 to see what you think.
Bandofbrothers2112,

Good idea. Will find a store near me and check it out.

Thanks

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I got rid of my 12.9” 2020 iPad Pro. Replaced it with the Fold3. The Fold 3 is a small tablet and if that meets your needs you’ll love that its so portable. If you want a truly large screen you’ll find yourself cramped. That said, its a great device and I recommend it to those that have at least one other lighter, sturdier device.
Tadpoles,

Thanks for the input. Well won't have anything else. If I do this, will sell everything I have tech wise to pay for it. And I "think" I won't need a large screen most of the time, because I don't use my tab s7 as it is and if I do, I will just hook it up to a large monitor I have. Thanks again!

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, my Fold 3 replaced my Kindle eReader and iPad. However, keep in mind that I never was a heady tablet user. Although, I find myself using more of the "tablet" features and functions a LOT more now that I have one in my pocket everywhere I go.

Here is my post about how the Fold 3 is even replacing my laptop for work: https://forums.androidcentral.com/s...-z-fold-3-laptop-replacement.html#post6989976
Talderon, hoping to replace my Kindle with this as well. Thanks for the link will check it out.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
After owning fold3 my usage of Tab S7+ reduced a lot. Fold 3 is excellent multi tasking phablet and with Dex, I don't think I need tablet with larger canvas. I came from note 10+ and thought it is difficult to carry this around but the form factor made it more comfortable.
Srgonu, thanks for the input. That's what I am going for.

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, my Fold 3 replaced my Kindle eReader and iPad. However, keep in mind that I never was a heady tablet user. Although, I find myself using more of the "tablet" features and functions a LOT more now that I have one in my pocket everywhere I go.

Here is my post about how the Fold 3 is even replacing my laptop for work: https://forums.androidcentral.com/s...-z-fold-3-laptop-replacement.html#post6989976

Actually, while I do mention that I use this to read, I still use my Kindle Oasis when reading in bed.

It's much lighter actually, and easier to hold above my face, (using a popsocket), while lying in bed.

But I did sell my Tab A 8.4" & Tab S5e.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Actually, while I do mention that I use this to read, I still use my Kindle Oasis when reading in bed.

It's much lighter actually, and easier to hold above my face, (using a popsocket), while lying in bed.

But I did sell my Tab A 8.4" & Tab S5e.
Thanks

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

Talderon,

Just went through that thread that you referenced. Looks like a great setup. Can't wait to try it out.

Thanks

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Talderon,

Just went through that thread that you referenced. Looks like a great setup. Can't wait to try it out.

Thanks

I am still working on assembling the final "kit" and will post pics when I have them, but all in all, I tend to use my Fold 3 rather than my Laptop most days so I can get out of the house without taking my whole office with me. :D

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I am still working on assembling the final "kit" and will post pics when I have them, but all in all, I tend to use my Fold 3 rather than my Laptop most days so I can get out of the house without taking my whole office with me. :D
Looking forward to it.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Well, it came in today. Didn't get it till about 5 p.m. and have been setting it up most of the afternoon. Glad to be back with Samsung. Got a good deal on swappa for it. The phone and two Samsung cases. Phone and cases are in mint condition. Going to take a little getting used to. Thanks again for your input on this thread

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Well, it came in today. Didn't get it till about 5 p.m. and have been setting it up most of the afternoon. Glad to be back with Samsung. Got a good deal on swappa for it. The phone and two Samsung cases. Phone and cases are in mint condition. Going to take a little getting used to. Thanks again for your input on this thread

Awesome.

Enjoy. ;)

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Awesome.

Enjoy. ;)
To be honest it's great being back in the Samsung fold. Tried LGV60 Dual Screen, and Microsoft Duo, this past year, and both are great phones, but just couldn't get the same feel as I could with the spen and I missed having Dex. Sometimes you don't know how good you have something until you step away from it. Also, I wouldn't be on the fold 3 right now if they hadn't included spen capability, I would have gone back to my beloved Note series.

Plus I have missed all of you on the Note forums! I see a lot of you have migrated to the fold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia