If you use Garmin Pilot be prepared for a reset after MM upgrade

dpomerance

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I am a pro user of Garmin Pilot. After the MM upgrade it became unusable. simply uninstalling and reinstalling didn't do the trick. Had to do a full reset. Not pretty when I had a flight to make.

dpomerance

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I was on the road on a trip sitting at FTY. A real bummer! Uninstalling and reinstalling created a problem with the subscriptions and it wouldn't let me download anything even though the subscription page said good to 2017. Good thing I carry Fltplan.com charts as a backup.

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I am a pro user of Garmin Pilot. After the MM upgrade it became unusable. simply uninstalling and reinstalling didn't do the trick. Had to do a full reset. Not pretty when I had a flight to make.

I did clear cache partion after the update and than did a full factory reset also... Everything is working fine and smooth, sucks to here a lot of you are having problems 👌

I highly recommend doing exactly what I did, in that order after a HUGE update like marshmallow or any other major update

dpomerance

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
It is working fine now after the reset. I called Garmin to tell them about the problem and that they have to take this stuff seriously. Their app isn't a computer game that can be broken from time to time. If you are in the air when this kind of thing happens you are screwed. That is why I also carry a complete set of charts on my phone and tablet fltplan.com as a backup

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laogui32