Wake Sleep Function

MarciaMH

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I can't get the Wake Sleep function to work. The cover does have this function. Is there a setting somewhere that I need to turn on? Thanks.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I can't get the Wake Sleep function to work. The cover does have this function. Is there a setting somewhere that I need to turn on? Thanks.

Which cover do you have?

If you have a paper clip or similar, run it over the cover to find the magnet.

On my 10.5, I BELIEVE the sensor (landscape mode) is located near the bottom right corner maybe up a bit along the bezel edge. I can trigger on/off with a strongish magnet.

Ah, I see a SETTING. Swipe down to open the main Settings (gear icon). Go to GENERAL. Then Accessories. See what you have for Book Cover. I have a Checkmark.

MarciaMH

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I have tried checking this before and nothing has happened if it is checked or unchecked . My Galaxy Tab 12.2 does not have it checked and the Wake Sleep function works. The cover I purchased is suppose to have this function. The magnet appears to be quite strong.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know where the sensor is in the 8-4 unit. But if you have a separate magnet, you can try moving it over the screen (don't scratch it) and see if you get a reaction. I think the "buttons" are in a different location on the 10.5. Mine will awake if the magnet is touched near the bottom right (when in landscape with buttons at the bottom)