Not only aspec ratio, they also moved the button placement.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
So, let's get it out of the way: This does look like an iPad. Done. We knew that.

But this iteration brings with it one 'new' change: Home/navigation buttons are now in Portrait. Will this be an issue for you? I've grown used to the buttons being in landscape on my Tab S, and they seldom get in the way while playing, but the added bezel to the sides does make it better to have a grip on the tablet in landscape and you'll probably feel more at home if you own a phone, since the buttons are pretty much the same layout.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 specs | Android Central

What about you guys? How do you feel about this tablet? I, for one, will miss the 10.5 size, the 16:9 ratio, and would very much prefer if these specs with the aforementioned screen size/ratio were to come with S-Pen power. :D

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I just ordered the current 8.4 tab s. It comes tomorrow. I like it's display ratio better... plus I got it for 249.00 so it's easier on the wallet than the tab s2 will be. I don't want to get caught up in having the newest phones AND tablets to much money lol

Posted via the Android Central App

icouldntpossiblycomment

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I actually like the portrait button placement because I read a lot of ebooks. But, the former placement did make sense and was very intuitive for browsing since I pretty much always browse in landscape mode.

mikeytg1024

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
For me the back and recent app buttons are swapped compared to my phone. Does'nt google standardize this stuff? I guess it will keep me on my toes.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope, they don't. They have a general guideline, but manufacturers can tinker with those (obviously). Furthermore, even with on-screen buttons, most manufacturers are now choosing to include button placement customization so you can swap them out and in some cases add different buttons.

espio

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I like the buttons being in portrait instead of landscape. I should probably note that I don't play games much on my tablet. I use it to consume media, read news and comic books. I wish there was a way to swap the back button with the recent button. Being left handed and hold my tablet in my right hand, having to push on the right side to go back feels awkward. This is my second tablet, my first one was the Nexus 7 (2012). I'm sure I'll get used to the button placement in time. I do like the home button to wake it up.