Upgrading from Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) to Galaxy Tab S2

Deejay Spinn

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Would you guys think it would be a wise move to sell my Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) for the Galaxy Tab S2? I'm kinda stuck in between thoughts. I personally love this Note tablet and haven't encountered anything better so far. What would you guys suggest?

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Having owned a Note 10.1 and now the Tab S2. I'd say it's like comparing an apple to an orange.

Both are excellent tablets. However, the Tab S2 doesn't support the S-Pen; nor does it support IR Blaster (Peel is the remote control app I'm referencing) so it can't be used to control your TV, cable box and such.

I guess it depends on how much you use or need S-Pen support or if you want or use it as a remote.

Otherwise, you really can't go wrong either way.

anon(871934)

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Would you guys think it would be a wise move to sell my Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) for the Galaxy Tab S2? I'm kinda stuck in between thoughts. I personally love this Note tablet and haven't encountered anything better so far. What would you guys suggest?
I did exactly that and I do not regret my decision. However, the two devices really don't serve the same purpose so you really have to decide what you want in a tablet. My work computer changed to a Surface Pro 3 so I no longer had a need for a pen based tablet. I also wanted a smaller Android tablet because I wanted to use it for navigation in our motorhome.

Compared to the S2, the Galaxy 10.1 is extremely bulky and heavy.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I did exactly that and I do not regret my decision. However, the two devices really don't serve the same purpose so you really have to decide what you want in a tablet. My work computer changed to a Surface Pro 3 so I no longer had a need for a pen based tablet. I also wanted a smaller Android tablet because I wanted to use it for navigation in our motorhome.

Compared to the S2, the Galaxy 10.1 is extremely bulky and heavy.

Actually that's what I have too. A SP3 and a 8" Tab S2.

Posted via the Android Central App

Deejay Spinn

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Having owned a Note 10.1 and now the Tab S2. I'd say it's like comparing an apple to an orange.

Both are excellent tablets. However, the Tab S2 doesn't support the S-Pen; nor does it support IR Blaster (Peel is the remote control app I'm referencing) so it can't be used to control your TV, cable box and such.

I guess it depends on how much you use or need S-Pen support or if you want or use it as a remote.

Otherwise, you really can't go wrong either way.

It's funny you mention the "remote" thing, because I actually do use the tablet to control my DVD player amng other things since my DVD player remote died out. As far as performance, I think they both are great despite the fact that the Note has a little less power than the s2 (as researched and the s2 has an octo-core processor). I barely see any lag here, and I do like the S-Pen feature since I don't have a Note phone. I appreciate everyone's advise and suggestions.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
What exactly is s-pen?

Posted via the Android Central App
It's the stylus that comes with Samsung's Note phablet and tablet lines. It allows the user to use the device like an actual note book. Users can take hang written notes in apps like OneNote and Evernote, then using text recognition, convert those notes into searchable text.

It can also be used for drawing in apps that support S-Pen. I personally didn't use it much. The pen's ergonomics didn't suit me though.

I have a Surface Pro 3 and prefer the Surface Pen, it feels more like a real pen. Plus I can change the nibs to suit my handwriting writing needs.

CBonney

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I had the Note 10.1 2012 version and changed to the S2 8 inch and it's been great. I didn't use peel and I thought I would miss the S-pen but, I was able to install SNote on the Tab2, recover all of my previous notes, and I use a bamboo stylus. It's not exactly the same as the S-Pen but, it works for scribbling notes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non