App Deveper Info - Original Samsung Apps on older device

crkckr

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I have recently upgraded from my old Tab 3 to an S2. Generally I like both of them (especially when compared to the hated iOS my wife uses), although the S2 does seem quite a bit better, overall, including a lot better battery life. However, I would like to use some of the apps I've come to like from the Tab 3 on the S2 but so far I have failed to be able to get them to install. All of the apps that I downloaded in the past have worked but the specific app I’m trying to copy is the Alarm, originally installed on the Tab 3 by Samsung.

I have been able to find two files in the directory (device-system-app), SecTabletClockPackage_0Sup.apk and .odex. I have been able to get the files onto the S2 (with a lot of monkey motion - since the last upgrade to 4.4.2, my Tab 3 still doesn’t allow me to create new folders on the device nor to transfer files from the SDCard to the device memory) but the app refuses to install on the S2. I go thru all of the steps and in the end, it always says “App not installed.” I'm not sure if it's a compatibility issue or perhaps I don’t have the correct file or all of the files required.

I have also tried getting info regarding the developer of the app (named simply “Alarm”) but again, I’ve had no luck with that, either.

I’ve tried a bunch of the of the alarm apps in Play Store but none even come close to the ‘old’ one, which seems to have more functionality than any of the newer ones (besides the fact I know how to use it and have gotten used to it). I find the same is true of the new keyboard Samsung installed on the S2 - the old one, in my Tab 3, is much better, in that it has all of the symbols available with a simple long press, while the new keyboard requires that I go to the symbol page. I haven’t even started looking for a new keyboard, I’m still stuck on the alarm problem! I have even come to like (in a love-hate kind of way) the old S Planner app, which is another app that seems to have gone the way of the do-do bird.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Regards,
Mike