Tab s2 getting wonky since Marshmallow update

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed any stability issues since the 6.0.1 update?

Mine goes into fits of slowness, stuttering, etc., about once a day unless I reboot it, which seems to cure it for a while. This morning it completely froze, screen wouldn't respond or anything. Finally, holding the power button for a long time got me to the restart screen.

Don't know what's going on, but it didn't do this before the update. It's been my every day internet machine since I got it about 10 months ago.

Any suggestions?

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, no help with the cache wiping. Still messing up. It's weird. After a reboot, everything is fine for a while, but the time varies. All of a sudden, it get's unresponsive, scrolling stutters, momentary lockups, then a complete freeze. Sometimes, I'll get messages like "Google Play services has quit responding" or "Weather Channel has quit" for whatever program is running.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. Anything else come to mind?

I wish this was like old Windows, I'd just reformat and reinstall Windows, although that's about the only thing I miss about that OS.

I'd call Samsung, but the times I've done that before I got dangerously close to my head exploding.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. Before I try those, I'm in the process of trying to determine if perhaps a certain site that I visit a lot (woodworking forum) might be the culprit. I'll quit going there for a few days and see what happens.

A question, though. I'm in the habit of just leaving the tablet on all the time, putting it to sleep rather than shutting down. Is it better to shut it down completely over night?

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Never going to marshmallow on my Tab s2...lollipop is just too fast and stable to take the risk and update....if it gets android N...i May be willing to update but not now

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
A question, though. I'm in the habit of just leaving the tablet on all the time, putting it to sleep rather than shutting down. Is it better to shut it down completely over night?

If you use the device regularly, then just put the tablet to sleep. Powering completely off isn't necessary unless it's acting unusual, in which case a reboot can sometimes help.

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Never going to marshmallow on my Tab s2...lollipop is just too fast and stable to take the risk and update....if it gets android N...i May be willing to update but not now

If I had it to do over, I'd pass on Marshmallow myself. This tablet was working great before, and I wish there were a way to revert back. This is my second Samsung tablet, and I'm researching a new one. It won't have Samsung's name on it.

I'd say the chances of Samsung pushing N to this generation of tablets is right about at nil.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ugo