Samsung TAB S2- install latest Android 7.0 Nougat?

eco_bach

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
Anyone able to tell me if its possible to install the latest Android OS on a Samsung TAB S2?

Are there any performance advantages in the latest OS vs Lollip0p?

152bobby

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
I have read various articles about issues with the fingerprint reader after this update has completed.

Has anyone who has received the update noticed any issues at all with the device ?

Thanks

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have read various articles about issues with the fingerprint reader after this update has completed.

Has anyone who has received the update noticed any issues at all with the device ?

Thanks

The only issue I have post upgrade is that they changed the firmware and there doesn't seem to any way to enter recovery mode anymore. Download mode seems to be the only option.

The tablet itself has been working fine so far including the fingerprint sensor.

Edit: I was incorrect about recovery mode. Don't know what I was doing wrong but was obviously doing something wrong.

Last edited:

Natepir

May 4, 2017
Visit site
I can't open a few apps. Mine updated and installed last night. I'm frustrated that I can't open my Samsung Kindle app. Anyone else with this problem? Solutions?

Schottky

May 25, 2017
Visit site
I had notification of the update about two weeks ago and every day I choose to postpone the update. Note that I refer to this as an 'update', not an 'upgrade' based on other users' problems. I am in no hurry because my T713 on 6.0.1 runs beautifully. BTW, I'm in the UK.

et1ssgmiller

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site

Thanks
My fingerprint reader continues to work without any issues since the Nougat update.

candiedenise

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
I am having an issue with connectivity in the Photos app. Now I have to backup my photos manually. Before when I connect, it did it automatically. When I go to settings, then backup, it force closes or asks me to restart app. Please help.