Anyone know how to install CM7?

jtskier11

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
From the reading I have been doing is it isnt easy. Plus far from being stable apparently. I am waiting patiently for its arrival though!!!

BryanTheRed

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Anyone been able to install CM7 and feel like sharing?

Thanks!

Well in case you don't know you have to be rooted first. I tried to install it when I was rooted with no joy. Ended up unrooting my phone as it proved to be a bigger headache than running stock Froyo, might be somewhat easier on the TAB though.

kaefbaml

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
What phone are you trying to put cm7 on? First you need to be rooted then head over to cyanogenmod.com and find your phone model then download the rom. Then reboot into clockworkmod wipe data, cache and dalvik and then flash over cm7. Since its ur first time you need to flash the gapps too. This consist of market Gmail etc... and if u want flash a custom kernel for better performance and battery life.
ibanez rgt6exfx via tapatalk

kaefbaml

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
It is very stable been running cm7 for about month now... and in fact it is very simple to flash roms. But before you start flashing custom roms make a nandroid backup!!! So you don't screw yourself if the rom doesn't flash correctly, u can always go back to before you started flashing customs

ibanez rgt6exfx via tapatalk