Why am I not able to enable wifi or Bluetooth on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4?

AshtonReeves

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Please help... My Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 won't let me enable Wi-Fi or Bluetooth

Any help is appreciated.
Done the factory reset. Deleted the cache. Still doens't work.

Model number
SM-T230NU

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Please help... My Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 won't let me enable Wi-Fi or Bluetooth

Welcome to Android Central! Can you give more details? Are you saying that the wi-fi and Bluetooth switches don't even turn to the On position? Or that they turn On, then automatically switch Off on their own? Do the switches stay on, but no connection is showing?

AshtonReeves

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: Please help... My Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 won't let me enable Wi-Fi or Bluetooth

Yes, the switches don't turn on. When I turns them on, the switches not changing color to green (it stays grayed out). It automatically go back to the lock position in few seconds on their own.

admira17

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site

I have the exact same issue, it started four days ago.
When I attempt to turn on WiFi, both blue tooth and WiFi icons turn to a graded out green then switches back off in a few seconds.Any suggestions as to how to fix this issue?

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 WiFi SM-T230NU

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

It could be a hardware issue--perhaps a loose connection somewhere. Any recent drops or trauma?

I sometimes hear of people who correct the problem by hitting the back of the tablet firmly (the Fonz approach, for those of you who remember Happy Days). If you're adventurous, you could try opening the back up and checking all of the connections yourself.

Andrea Newville

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
It could be a hardware issue--perhaps a loose connection somewhere. Any recent drops or trauma?

I sometimes hear of people who correct the problem by hitting the back of the tablet firmly (the Fonz approach, for those of you who remember Happy Days). If you're adventurous, you could try opening the back up and checking all of the connections yourself.

Yeah. Good advice. Not......

Mine did the same thing. Hopefully, by now, you've already had the issue fixed but if not... Leave the phone powered on and remove the battery for a few seconds. Replace it and it should be working fine, mine did!

Last edited by a moderator:

mauriceNS

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi I am having the same problem. WiFi and Bluetooth will not enable. Anybody have any ideas how to fix? Is there a configuration or software change needed. Or is it simply a hardware problem?? Please help!!

Tania Lugo

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Fort the galaxy S4 I had the same problem I erase all the pictures I din't need and videos turn the phone off pluged in the computer usb port waited one hour turned back on while connected. Problem solve my wifi and bluetooth was on again :):)

Gustavo Mascareno

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi there Maurice!
I´m having same issue than you. I´m trying to find out a rom to install over the stock one and see if it fix the issue.
Please keep me updated if you could do anything else about this.

Thanks a lot!

sendmean

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
Have same problem
I install 4.4.2 official in my tab 3 didnt work
something in the motherboard bec wifi card and BT antenna same location

Nkome9

May 1, 2016
Visit site

The WiFi and Bluetooth buttons go off automatically on their own

seadge1

May 22, 2016
Visit site

KitKat 4.2.2 on my Tab4 started doing the same thing. It's the wifi tab4 so I'm stuck. It looks like an update was installed that could have caused this?

Okosun Luckezo

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
The switches don't turn on when I turn them on, the switches not changing colors to green it stay grayed out. It automatically go back to the lock position in few seconds on their own

I need a help please

How can I solve this problem on my phone

Last edited by a moderator:

butterbeer

Sep 26, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
I had this problem on my Galaxy tab S. Did the factory reset etc with no success.

I fixed it by using a usb wifi dongle connected to the tablet via an "on the go" OTG cable.

My device recognized the usb dongle, and both Wifi and Bluetooth started working. Disconnected the adapter and the device kept working.

Must have been a driver issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo