Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Widget issue adding widget

Not sure what happened but my weather widget just diapered. When I hold down the home screen the menu comes up and I tap apps and widgets, scroll to Weather 6x3 drag it to the home screen and it states "The widget has already been added to the home screen" but it's not still blank.

I have tried to reboot the device, I have tried to wipe data (not FDR it's not a resolution for this I assure you) but can't figure out why it thinks it's there when it's not.

Anyone got any ideas? I do not want to download another app. I'd like to use the OEM one.

Default Re: Widget issue adding widget

Gross, I hate it when my widgets get diapered!

Try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: Cache partition: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 | T-Mobile Support

If that doesn't work, you could go to the App Manager, select the launcher (probably called TouchWiz or Home or Launcher), and Clear Cache. If that doesn't help, then tap Clear Data from that screen, but keep in mind that this will wipe the homescreens, and you'll have to set them back up again the way you like.
    Thanked by:
    brosko and kwagners like this.

When you get the message that the widget was already added to the home screen it just means that it moved to another one of your home screens. Just look at all your screens and you should find it. Once you do just drag it to the main home screen.

I have cleared the cache in recovery mode; I have cleared the touch screen cache. I have rebooted the phone. I only have 2 home screens, and the weather widget isn't on either one. I'm still being told that it's already been added. (I even tried removing it by dragging it to the trash can from the widget screen.) Where did it go and how do we get it back again?