Widget issue adding widget

Vam The Anomaly

Nov 10, 2017
Visit site
I tried all of the suggestions to add the "Simple World Clock" widget to no avail when i went searching and it the search got me here to this website. After trying the suggestions ( which should also been the solution of my widget problem ) I went and did an extended search. I have Android OS 5.1.1.

I found the following solution that worked for me :

1. TOUCH & HOLD a "blank" area on your "home" screen ( any area that doesn't have any app icons NOT counting the wallpaper image if you have one ). Most instructions will tell you "the home screen is usually the MIDDLE screen ( where you can swipe left or right after tap holding an app icon to go to an adjacent screen ) but my phone is a bit older so I only had TWO screens. My home screen is the "left" screen.

2. A Sub-menu appears. Mine minimizes the previous screen to the background some and at the bottom I have "Wallpapers", "Widgets", and "Settings".

3. Tap Widgets. You will see a list of all installed items. This is where I found mine.

4. Tap and hold your widget icon you see in this section. The home screen comes up in the background to where you can drag & drop.

5.Return to the home screen if your phone doesn't automatically take you there after the drop. From here you should be able to configure the widget and it should be functioning. This hopefully worked for the originally poster's issue.

haberpth

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
I had the same thing happen. My flashlight widget disappeared. I tried to put it back but it wouldn't work. I would try to drop it and it would disappear. I restarted my phone and the original widget was there plus the others I tried to put there. Instead of trying to put another one on the home screen, all I needed to do was just restart and it reappeared. Easy fix.

LemSr

Aug 24, 2019
Visit site
Max out your screen grid size to see full screen. My wife had this issue and her screen grid was 4x5 or something like that. Her icons we're big so she could see better. I naxed out her screen grid and the widget showed. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devboilol