Vibration Too Soft

Mickeylittle

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I am coming from the Pebble watch and it has a strong vibration alert but on my new Neo I can barely feel it going off. I cannot find a setting to control the intensity at all so this is not looking like a keeper unless I am doing something wrong or I have a defective unit.

Mickeylittle

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Settings>Sound>Vibration
Although mine was at "Strong" by default....

Thanks I didn't see that. But the bad news is that it is already set to Strong! I am going to have to shut the watch off and restart it because there is no way this can be strong.
Thanks for the info...

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried running the watch on silent? Might be stronger when it knows that's the only way to notify... Good luck!

Just tried it and silent has no vibration. Anyone out here with both the Pebble experience and now the Neo/Gear who can confirm one way or the other as to whether or now the vibration on the Pebble watch is about 2-3 times stronger than that of the Galaxy? I need to know if I have a lemon or if I need to stick with the Pebble.

Thanks

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
My Pebble vibrated stronger than my Gear 2, but that's about the only thing it did better.

Posted via Android Central App

I agree but I always have it on vibrate mode and I can't feel it unless I'm trying to feel it. Is yours hard to feel the vibrations on as well? I guess I'm heading to Best Buy to see if it is just my unit.

ray1204

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I am coming from the Pebble watch and it has a strong vibration alert but on my new Neo I can barely feel it going off. I cannot find a setting to control the intensity at all so this is not looking like a keeper unless I am doing something wrong or I have a defective unit.

I have the pebble and yes the vibration is not as strong on the gear neo...

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I have the pebble and yes the vibration is not as strong on the gear neo...

But do you notice the vibration if you're not paying attention? I have to almost look at my wrist and see it light up to feel the vibs. If I'm watching TV with my phone on silent in my pocket I never notice the vibration on my wrist.

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I noticed all of the vibration notifications while in church Sunday but have missed them while shopping in a store. I wish it were stronger.

Posted via Android Central App

I went to Best Buy and compared it to a display unit. The manager agreed that if he was watching TV or busy doing something he would probably miss notifications left and right just like me. So I returned it on the spot and will just be content with my Pebble for now. Yes I could have my phone on vibrate in my pocket but with the Note 3 I usually have it in a cubby hole in the dash while I'm driving, and on the arm of the couch while in the living room, etc...

good luck everyone. I hope you all love your new Neos!

Andrawer

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm in my 50's but the neo vibration is fine for myself but not as strong as the Gear Fit that I returned.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

rEVOLVE

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I wish they let you do both vibrate and sound. For me, I'll always want it to vibrate, but not really want audio all the time. Sometimes where I'm at will suddenly be loud and I'll miss notifications.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Neo and I am disappointed with the vibration level. I previously had the original Gear and its vibration seemed stronger and longer.
It would seem that someone could come up with a third party app that could give us vibration options. I would pay for it without hesitation.

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I thought of the same, having the watch the first time. I don't know pebble, but i could barely feel it.
For me it helped a bit to change the vibration to weak and then back to strong.

But there is also a watchface named: Notifications Clock. Which is definitely better. But i rejected the app for now, because you can not dismiss the messages.

Now using the normal notifications, i am pretty used to the low level of vibration.