What is your vibe on the vibration motor?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I've only had my device for about 4 days now so not a whole lot of time with the device. I have to admit that after watching so many reviews and feature videos on this device the soft vibration was one of my fears. I work in a loud environment so there is zero chance I'm going to hear the device ring so at times I rely heavily on feeling the device. Yesterday I had a silent alarm go off that was vibration only, it was a little difficult to detect. It was more than a phantom vibration so I knew it was real but it was rather faint. Today I got a call and if not for the sound I wouldn't have noticed the vibration at all.

Currently I'm using, sync with ringtone, for calls and, zig-zig-zig, for notifications. Of course the intensity is at max for all the good that is doing. I do think the z-z-z pattern gives me the best chance for getting some sensation even if it's not very sensational.

I don't see this as something that could be fixed with an update but that's what they said about the cameras on the S20 devices and they managed to pull off a little something to make them better. If there is anything Samsung can do to improve this I hope it is in one of the first updates because as it stands I'm not feeling the vibe.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
The vibration on this phone is indeed much quieter than my Moto Edge. I don't rely on it at work for that reason.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
You can download Sound Assistant from the Galaxy Store and create your own vibration pattern. For example, you can do Z Z Z but have each one be a little longer. It definitely helps!

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Feels weak to me; however, like I have stated before, I don't work; therefore, no reason to turn off the ring and the one or two meetings I still go to a few times a year, I just let it ring. I'm there for them, not me so I don't care.

Haptics for typing are ok.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
After seeing JerryRigEverything go back and treat into the speaker/vibration motor this makes sense to me. It seems the vibration is stronger without sound. I noticed today that while the phone was ringing the vibration was so weak that I couldn't even tell it was vibrating but when my one alarm goes off that is just vibration it's much stronger. It's also stronger when selecting a vibration pattern.

If you haven't seen the video the vibration motor is inside the speaker box. After finding that it's weaker when sound is playing the question becomes why? Is it the sharing of power? So both draw from the same supply which causes the vibration to be weaker because it's just not getting the juice. Is it because the sound actually dampens the vibration, almost like noise cancellation? So the vibration of the speaker is actually working against the vibration of the motor? Either way my hope for a software fix is nil.

When I have a chance I'll do a little experimenting. I want to see if the volume level matters. If quiet matters I'm thinking it's like noise cancellation. If any sound matters I'm thinking it's power distribution.

https://youtu.be/xyVgmo7Ljc8

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky