Media Controller

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Does anybody know if the "Media Controller" on the Gear 2 Neo only works with the default "Music" app on the Galaxy s5 ?
I'm trying to make it work with a third party app ("PowerAmp") and it kinda does... but it's not as responsive (it misses some buttons pressings) and it doesn't update the correct song/album art (it's as if it was stuck with the last song played on the "Music" app. even when it changes the song on PowerAmp).
With the stock "Music" app works with no issues.

Anyone ? :)

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I just tried it and it does work with Google Play Music (doesn't update the album art, but the title and artist updates ok).
I'd like to have it working with PowerAmp as it's the one I use.

Would this be an issue with PowerAmp or with the communication with the Gear 2 ? (I could ask PowerAmp support)

Thanks for replying

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Responsive and album art is present and current as I go through songs.
wow, then I don't know. I have version 2.0.9-build-554-play (Full Version). Galaxy S5 and Gear 2 Neo bought together last week.

It only works well with the stock Music app. :(

Thanks everyone for replying

GWaLL13

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I've accidentally activated poweramp pressing play while my headphones were connected and I see the name and album art of whatever song is in queue for the stock music program. I can control it fine but the song name and album art never change... I wonder if you disable the stock music program, poweramp may work better since it's not trying to wrestle between the two?

-via Android Central App on GWaLL's S5

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I watch Netflix by way of my Chromecast on my TV. Would love to be able to pause/play/etc using my watch.

Posted via Android Central App