Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 1812dave
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gear 2 vibration

Is the following problem/annoyance happening to everyone or just me? The vibration on my gear 2 is garbage. Even on the "strong" setting it feels like it's cheap and not crisp like my galaxy s4 is. S4 is a nice quick, strong, crisp pulse. Gear 2 feels like a bird trying to fly with a broken wing or something.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Gear 2 vibration

I'm sure it has to do with battery size. 2600mAh vs 300mAh. Kind of like how licking a 9 volt battery is unpleasant, but a car battery will shock the **** out of you. Also, don't you think the manufacturers assume that your phone will be vibrating in your pocket, through clothes, as opposed to on your wrist, tight against your skin? It is weak, but I understand why.

<----- (This is why you don't lick car batteries.)
    Thanked by:
    swade8 

I have the same problem. Before I used smartwatch 2 and vibration was very strong. With gear 2 I missing lots of notifications.

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts

The gear 2 vibration is substantially weaker than the gear 1 vibration. So far it is the one thing I am truly disappointed in, though I haven't yet missed an alert.

Quote Originally Posted by adamszmu View Post
    I have the same problem. Before I used smartwatch 2 and vibration was very strong. With gear 2 I missing lots of notifications.
    Exactly the same here. My Smartwatch 2 was MUCH stronger!

I don't know what you guys are on about, my vibration is set to high and it sets a sensational tingling effect to my wrist when it vibrates. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by haus View Post
    The gear 2 vibration is substantially weaker than the gear 1 vibration. So far it is the one thing I am truly disappointed in, though I haven't yet missed an alert.
    If I am sitting still I notice the vibration, but I have missed some notifications whilst I'm being physically active. I wish it were stronger.

Mine is strong enough to tickle. no complaint.
    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2
    MattKerwin likes this.