S Health data erased!

Hufza

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi!

Something happened to me yesterday. I was starting the S Health app on my phone, and it said "Welcome to S Health" and I had to make all settings (name, birthday etc.) and link to Samsung account again. All my data was gone. From the pedometer, sleep records and exercise. I had the "backup" settings to every 24 hour, but when I tried "restore", it said it failed to restore... So, now, it's all gone... :( But everything is still in my gear 2, so I can view it there.

Anyone else had this problem? Anyone solved it?

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi!

Something happened to me yesterday. I was starting the S Health app on my phone, and it said "Welcome to S Health" and I had to make all settings (name, birthday etc.) and link to Samsung account again. All my data was gone. From the pedometer, sleep records and exercise. I had the "backup" settings to every 24 hour, but when I tried "restore", it said it failed to restore... So, now, it's all gone... :( But everything is still in my gear 2, so I can view it there.

What phone do you have? I know in the S5 forum people were complaining about the same thing.

Kai Schrimpf

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Had the same happen. No way to recover the data it seems....

If anyone had some luck , id love to hear how to fix this.

Posted via Android Central App

billllll

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Today my S-Health application required that I allow an update before I could use the application. It did the update, and in the process, it erased all my 8 months of data. Samsung technical help was unable to restore it, after 40 minutes of trying, and the reason given for the data loss is: "I don't know what happened. The application may automatically delete all history during an update." Yes, that's what Robert at Samsung said. i.e., he does not have a clue what happened; he has no clue what is required to restore it; and from my experience with him on the phone, he really is not familiar with the application... So, IT IS TIME TO FIND A DIFFERENT APPLICATION, AND IT WON'T BE ON MY SAMSUNG. I HATE THIS PHONE - YES, REALLY - IT HAS APPLICATIONS ON IT THAT NOBODY CAN DELETE, AND THOSE APPLICATIONS EAT YOUR DATA. IT MUST BE GREAT TO HAVE A SERVICE WHERE YOU CHARGE FOR DATA DOWNLOADS, AND THEN YOU FORCE DOWNLOADS THAT THE CUSTOMER DOES NOT WANT, BUT STILL CHARGE THE CUSTOMER FOR THE DOWNLOADS...

steve kramer2

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
^^ same happened to me, the last year of collected data from S Health is all gone. I've been using this app to monitor my weight loss (50 pounds in the last six months) and now all of that data is gone! I'm pissed!

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Yes I had the same problem. Went into my S Health app and got a message to update on my Note 3. Once I allowed the update I tried to open the app and it said another related app had to be installed but there was an error installing it. After 2 days of trying it never installed and my S Health widget disappeared. 1 year of important data lost even ththough I supposedly had backup every 24 hours. Can't find it anywhere. I'm so upset.

Hi!

Civuck

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I lost all of my October data when I updated S-Health and Health Service on my Note 3. Strangely I had everything else back to April though.

jabari6

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Today my S-Health application required that I allow an update before I could use the application. It did the update, and in the process, it erased all my 8 months of data. Samsung technical help was unable to restore it, after 40 minutes of trying, and the reason given for the data loss is: "I don't know what happened. The application may automatically delete all history during an update." Yes, that's what Robert at Samsung said. i.e., he does not have a clue what happened; he has no clue what is required to restore it; and from my experience with him on the phone, he really is not familiar with the application... So, IT IS TIME TO FIND A DIFFERENT APPLICATION, AND IT WON'T BE ON MY SAMSUNG. I HATE THIS PHONE - YES, REALLY - IT HAS APPLICATIONS ON IT THAT NOBODY CAN DELETE, AND THOSE APPLICATIONS EAT YOUR DATA. IT MUST BE GREAT TO HAVE A SERVICE WHERE YOU CHARGE FOR DATA DOWNLOADS, AND THEN YOU FORCE DOWNLOADS THAT THE CUSTOMER DOES NOT WANT, BUT STILL CHARGE THE CUSTOMER FOR THE DOWNLOADS...

Same thing happened to me. I'm passionate about tracking my health but now see that the cloud can sometimes be as secure as a puff of smoke. This may offer little solace but to encourage myself I remind myself that the evidence of my workout history is in my health today. I won't stop moving because samsung dropped the ball in a major way. Still bites but look at far you've athletically

DakotaPoorBoy

May 10, 2015
Visit site
Hello the S Health Data App has to be the best thing about my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and the worst thing all at the same time. It is a big reason why I would stick with Samsung phones and also a big reason why I am thinking of switching to an IPhone. Let me explain, when it works, it is the best thing ever. But when it starts to act up I want to put my phone where the sun don't shine and there seems to absolutely no where or no one to help you. I had been using this app to document my steps and at that time about 75 pound weight loss. Then all of a sudden all my data disappeared. This should have been no problem as supposedly my data is backed up to my Samsung account. I was having trouble getting my information back and also trying to get the replacement app downloaded. I went to several different Verizon stores and they could not get it to work. I called Samsung support and they wanted to send me a new phone. No help with just the app. I finally got the app to work and had to register for backup again. I used the same username and everything and I am thinking oh joy, I may yet get my data back. No such luck. But at least from that point it seemed to be working. Now all of a sudden it just changes my steps. I did not have any months with under 10,000 daily average. Now all of a sudden I have a month with under 10,000 daily average. The other day I checked my steps and then I checked them again later and I was about 5000 steps less then when I checked it before. Today I checked my steps and it said I had 14,800 some and while I was looking at it, it changed to around 10,400. I have a pedometer on my watch also, which usually shows less steps then my phone and that showed over 14,000 steps so I know by that and the amount of time I was walking that the 14,800 should have been the correct number. And what about those leader board stats. I did the math and those people would have to do over 5000 steps an hour for 16 hours a day 7 days a week to get those kind of numbers. So anyway, I don't expect anyone to help me, I just hope someone from Samsung monitors this and gets the bugs out of this app or else, next phone, IPhone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo